• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How often do your birds adjust their crop?

Kodigirl210

Rollerblading along the road
My ex’s CAG did it whenever he was thirsty but lazy about getting water or better yet he wanted fresh drinking water. Jake would do it a couple times in a row. We’d get him fresh water. He’d drink a bit then move on. I’ve noticed all the fids we have now also do that. If they are thirsty they adjust, we bring them something to drink and they drink right away. Never had an issue with yeast with any of the birds. :)

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
My ex’s CAG did it whenever he was thirsty but lazy about getting water or better yet he wanted fresh drinking water. Jake would do it a couple times in a row. We’d get him fresh water. He’d drink a bit then move on. I’ve noticed all the fids we have now also do that. If they are thirsty they adjust, we bring them something to drink and they drink right away. Never had an issue with yeast with any of the birds. :)
Interesting! A few times I've offered him water and he does take it and it stops . He doesn't always take the water but sometimes. Thanks for your input!

It's not uncommon for me to notice with mine.
Cool, thanks for sharing!