• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How my kitty tried to kill me

shanlung

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot - Why I am in the office in flipflops today (or how my kitty tried to kill me)

19 Oct 2008
(here is a letter I wrote earlier this morning at home to friends)

So here I am on a working day morning (In Muscat, Oman, Thurs/Fri are weekends) at home over this laptop instead of in the office.

All because of my malicious Kathy (photos of horrid Kathy, with equally horrid Dommie in Dommie & Kattie - a set on Flickr).

Last night as I was stepping out into the patio, Kathy was wickedly weaving figure of eights about my ankle doing her best to trip me up to break my neck.

I widened my step and she rushed ahead, and my right foot was about to descend on her head to crush that to a pulp. I recognized that as a classic ploy from her to use one of her 9 lives to cause me to slip. So I widened my widen step a bit more to foil that malicious intent.

And I lost my balance that I tried to regain by swinging my left foot around to catch that by the door. Except instead of catching the door, I caught the edge of the door right against the Achilles tendon and got a cut.

Blood flowed.

It was painful. So painful that visions appeared for a while that I be in Muscat Private Hospital with two of my colleagues already in there.

And she just looked at me. Not the slightest bit of regret could I detect in her eyes. She looked so pleased.

I was going to kill her, and another of her life went down the chute.

I told my wife to withhold Kattie's dinner for that wicked malicious act she did on me.
She went on to feed her. She claimed she was feeding Dommie, but she did not prevent Katie from eating. Dommie even stood by to let Katie eat first.
She stuck a small pink plaster with cute Japanese Pokiemon faces printed on it. Not even a new plaster as she proudly told me she bought that 10 years ago.

Gone are the good old days where wife stay 10 mincing steps behind and all words from husband and lord to be taken to heart and instantly carried out.

I called the office to tell them I could come in sandals but that violate the dress code. My boss was stuck in the most humongous traffic jam and he told me to take it easy at home.

Then to add salt to injury, my wife went on to feed the catties breakfast even ahead of getting my coffee and ham sandwich to me. She vehemently denied that those were her familiars, but I have my suspicions.

This is to put on record in case strange things happen to me, you can help seek justice for me and bring woe to the perps.

(and I just got that phone back from office that dress code will be relaxed for me and that I can go there in flipflops)

(edited on 11 Jan 09 to include the subsequent retribution that fell on horrid Katie a few weeks later thats recorded here Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot - Karmic retribution on Katie and Riamfada trust
)
(edited on 8 May 09 to include yet another retribution that fell on horrid Katie
Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot - More Karmic retribution on Katie / directional flights / walking with Riam and Dommie
)

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have always liked reading your journals. Had to :lol: over this;
Katie was not even polite and continued on her old trick of trying to cripple me weaving those figure of 8s about my ankle.
Beautiful pictures of Riamfada, especially love the last one.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
haha... Hi Shanlung, it's been too long since I've read your stories. I've probably heard this one before, but it again put a smile on my face while reading it.

Anything new happening? Any new critters or birdies? Do you still have your one cat? How's Joy been doing?

I hope you once again start to write and visit these forums again, I miss your ever so entertaining stories.

shanlung

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
I have always liked reading your journals. Had to :lol: over this;
Beautiful pictures of Riamfada, especially love the last one.
I think kitties got some kind of kitty Internet where they share hideous ways to do in their caregivers. I am sure all kittie people all over the world knew of that insidious weaving of 8s around the ankles with some maimed and kilt by that.

haha... Hi Shanlung, it's been too long since I've read your stories. I've probably heard this one before, but it again put a smile on my face while reading it.

Anything new happening? Any new critters or birdies? Do you still have your one cat? How's Joy been doing?

I hope you once again start to write and visit these forums again, I miss your ever so entertaining stories.

Hmmm.. There are 2 kitties. It looks like you missed my earlier entry here made a few minutes before this. In the pinned thread of Cat Recipes where you see ugly Ivan and traitorous Sieben. Make sure your kitties not looking over your shadow as they see the goodies the kitties armtwisted me to make for them and your kitties might demand you do the same for them too.

shanlung

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
It wasn't Katie that was always giving me problems. Her brother Dommie did his part to bring misery into my life too.

Extracted from
Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot - Oman snorkelling//Dommie threw tantrum or mad dogs & Englishmen // Riamfada takeoffs

Dommie threw tantrum or mad dogs & Englishmen

The other night on our bed, I was stroking Dommie when I discovered he got this big tick gorged with his blood under him where his right front leg joined his body. My wife was called over. We recalled this article we read that taught one and all how to remove the tick. That if you roll the tick about like giving the tick a body massage, that tick will get groggy after a while and released itself. We were warmed if we try to kill the tick or pull out the tick, the tick would inject toxins into the cat which will be bad.

So we tried that recommendation. I hold Dommie while my wife rolled and rolled that tick. It did not work.

Then my wife hold Dommie while I gave that tick a rolling body massage which did not work either.

It got Dommie more and more annoyed. Dommie is such a laid back character who never seemed angry at the indignities or insults I hurled at him. We were so shocked when Dommie growled and then spit at us. Like lightning, he slashed his claws at me. And I faster than lightning, pulled my hand back.

That did it. We decided to use the Frontline we bought earlier for the cats but never got to using. Frontline application was to be made onto the skin on base of his head and that would be enough to protect the kitty a month from ticks and fleas.

My wife hold Dommie down again and I applied the Frontline as directed. Then I smeared a bit of Frontline directly on the tick. We did not like the idea of Katie licking Dommie and getting the Frontline off or the tick dropping off in the house. So with the agreement of my wife, I carried Dommie and put him out and closed the front door.

I returned to playing my chess on Internet in the living room. After a while, Dommie came to the sliding door and meowed to be let in. I turned around , looked at him and gave him a laugh. I wickedly told him that was what he deserved for being a traitor and giving my wife saccharine eyes and sleeping on her instead of on me like what he did in the past before my wife came. He stayed there and meowed to be let in. I told him rudely to go away and I went into bedroom and slept.

Waking up the next morning, I missed Dommie next to me on the bed. I asked my wife if Dommie came back. She told me no. When she went out to feed the cats, only Katie was around.

I thought that to be strange, but as I had to take care of Riamfada breakfast and play with her before I left for office, that matter was forgotten.

I came back for lunch. I asked if Dommie got back. My wife said no. I was feeling very uneasy as I got used to Dommie even if he was so insolent to me.

I thought back at last night and my laughter at him and the words I used to taunt him and I felt bad. I had my lunch hoping to hear Dommie again.

He still did not appear despite my calling 'Dommie Dommie COME COME COME'.

Summer is on us. Temperature in the shade that day was 44C. House was cool only because of the split unit AC blasting cold air at 22C.

I was getting more and more worried. I thought of how Dommie would snuggle to me first on the bed and rubbed his head against me before he walked over to my wife and slept on her. Dommie was not that bad to me. And I laughed at him when he was pathetically meowing to me to open that door.

The sky was so clear on that mid day. The sun beating down with ferocious heat. But I felt I had to go out to call for Dommie in the neighbourhood. As I walked out of the house and on the road, I could feel the sun reflecting off the walls along side the road and focusing on me. No one else was out there. I recalled reading ' Only mad dogs and Englishmen would walk out in the mid day sun'.

I walked on calling 'Dommie Dommie come come come' . No black and white creature came to greet me. I kept calling and walking and calling and walking. My calls turned to curses. To avoid problems with neighbours, my curses on Dommie were made in Chinese. Dommie had not appeared when I came home.

I had to return to my office. I was worried enough to plan another massive search later in the evening. But when I got back after work, Dommie was at the French sliding door and he meowed at me like nothing was wrong. I opened the door and he came in just like before. The tick was gone.

But it was not normal.

He refused to get into bed with us when it was time to sleep.

The next night, he slept away from us.

I had enough the following night. I grapped him , tossed him kicking and screaming on our bed. He then rubbed his head on me, and walked over and dropped himself on my wife as we went to sleep.

shanlung

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
Extract from
Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot - Idiot kitties // Riamfada free flights at home and outside villa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Idiot kitties

We have had Riamfada doing those free flights at Buwah together with our kitties. We drove by Wadi Fanja to shoot some photos of those flash floods that you seen in last report. Wadi Fanja was the first wadi we got to know and to take the kitties and Riamfada to and that place earned a soft spot in our hearts. So we would at least drive past there even if we stop going to Wadi Fanja for picnics the way we did in the past.

The light was falling fast when we went through WF and onto the highway back to Muscat. It was a very good day, with the morning spend with the Jabris and the afternoon doing all the freeflights. So instead of cooking noodles at home, we decided to take Riamfada with us for dinner. That was to be at Arab World restaurant, just a couple of klicks down the road from where we stayed. They also serve delicious mutton soup that I be happy to pay for. The strange part was that the soup was free with meals. As there was a chill in the air, and that day had been good, I wanted to have that soup.

But we have the 2 kitties with us. Dommie is a bully and a coward. He would stiff legged to any kitty smaller than him to growl 'Wwwuuuuuuu' and intimidate him/her. Should the other kitty be even the same size and look at Dommie, Dommie would turn tail and run and hide.

I cannot say Katie is fearless. More likely Katie is crazy and my wife said Katie is 2 sandwiches short of a picnic. I wonder what kind of books my wife read to come up with such corny saying. Never mind, wife and woman can only be appreciated without having to even try to understand them. That restaurant has its resident kitties. So taking Dom and Katie there would not be a good idea. Riamfada was always welcomed there. She delighted the staff with her flights and by just being there.

Since we had to pass by home before the restaurant, I told my wife we would drop the kitties off first and then go on to the restaurant. Our villa was in a kind of gated compound except there was no gate. The road into that compound was not very wide. Once you enter the road, you either go all the way back into your villa so you can turn around and get back onto the road again or you reversed all the way out to the main road. Villa 2 where we stayed was near the entrance of the road with only villa 1 before it. Just before villa 1 was a big piece of land with a low wall of about 5 feet (1.7 meters) high surrounding that land.

I did not care to drive back home, or later to reverse the car out. So I stopped before the entry of road leading into the compound, told my wife to open the door and toss the kitties out. My wife sitting at the back opened the car door. The kitties looked at me as if bewildered. So I told them “ Out Out Out! Go out! Get lost! “ They stared at me and turned to get out of the car sat on the side of the road looking at me. I told them they could jolly well go back home themselves. That was thirty odd meters away. This was also part of the almost daily neighbourhood walks where the kitties joined us. I had seen the kitties coming out of this land when I drove back home at other times. I expected them to go home, jump over the garden wall as they had always done in the past and get through the cat flap they created in the screen door to eat their kitty kibbles at home.

I turned the car to get back onto the road and drove on to that restaurant.

We went on to our dinner. Waiters, cooks and other people there were pleased to see us again. Riam did recalls to obliged them. Soon the food came, soup and humus and bread and nice tasty succulent ‘Manti meat’ (mutton) and rice. We enjoyed the dinner, Riamfada enjoyed the cucumber slices. Riam refused the small pieces of mutton or bones that I persisted in offering her. I am a carnivore and Riams persistence in trying to remain a Vegan offended me not withstanding from time to time, I added hard boiled egg yolk or cooked minced meat into her mash to ensure she got some animal protein as well.

We finished the dinner and we drove back. As I turned off the main road into the approach to the community road, we were stunned to see both Dommie and Katie sitting motionless on the top of the low wall like little ugly gargoyles. I was telling my wife how insidious and horrid those 2 kitties were. Doing their best to make us feel guilty at dropping them near home instead of at home. Sitting there just waiting for us to get back.

I stopped the car and my wife opened the door. Katie jumped down looking at me. She melted my heart and I asked her to come in. She immediately ran to the car and jumped inside. You all know Katie is my kittie even though she tried to kill me with her figure of 8s weaving. Dommie then jumped down. I felt he was a traitor preferring to sleep with my wife instead of with me as he did before my wife joined us. Coward and bully though Dommie was, he was also the more steady of the 2 kitties.

I gave an evil chuckle, told my wife to close the door and I drove off back home. When I got out of the car, Dommie was already on the wall about to jump into the garden.

And instead of thanking me, those two evil kitties went to their kibble dish to munch and crunch away at their kibbles. Despite them being so horrid, ungrateful and bad, I think I will miss them very much when we have to go.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa