1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How much do your Amazons weigh?

Discussion in 'Amazon Avenue' started by Fuzzy, 1/5/19.

1. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Rollerblading along the road Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Roz
    Ollie was fascinated by the scale and after a few weeks, got up on it himself. He is an Orange-winged Amazon and weighs 372gms. Not very different from when I first got him. I think he's on the small side, but perfectly formed! :D

[​IMG]

Next was Bobbie. She is a Red-lored Amazon and I knew she was overweight, but was a little shocked to find out she is 448gms. :wideyed:

[​IMG]

Chico is a Panama Amazon, disabled and over 50 years old. He is 430gms.

[​IMG]

I was wondering how much everyone else's Amazons weigh. :)

2. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I need to weigh my guys again and I'll let you know current weights.

Fuzzy likes this.
  3. Anita1250

Anita1250 Strolling the yard

My Sam is a 36 year old BFA. he weighs 508 gms. That's down for him from his heaviest at 548. He is a very tall bird, almost 12 inches long, and the vet thinks he is a good weight. He is firm and hefty.

Fuzzy likes this.
  4. melissasparrots

melissasparrots Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

My older female yellow nape is a smallish 400-430. My older male runs around 530. Their female babies are about 460-475 at maturity. Their male babies that I've had are about 510-530 at maturity. Sprout needs to be kept on a diet or she will become very obese very quickly.

Fuzzy likes this.
  5. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Rollerblading along the road Super Moderator Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran

Roz
    :wow:big birds!!!

6. Clueless

Clueless Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I'll post mine in the morning. They're light weights.

Fuzzy likes this.
  7. Clueless

Secret 349

MC 338

Fuzzy likes this.
  8. Clueless

Do you think since mine are wild caught that is why they aren't chunky monkeys?

9. Bogdan

Bogdan Meeting neighbors

Bogdan Dumitrescu
    29.10.2016. 368
    5.01. 2017. 368
    06.04.2017. 358
    26.04.2017. 358
    23.05.2017. 365
    18.07.2017. 351
    16.10.2017. 370
    12.11.2017. 382
    22.12.2017. 379
    27.01.2018. 373
    18.06.2018 380
    19.11.2018. 373
    Evolution by time

fashionfobie, Fuzzy and Clueless like this.
  10. Clueless

@Bogdan

I'll try to pull up my sheet of weights soon and I'll let you know how my guys did. I need to add these weights to it anyway.

Bogdan and Fuzzy like this.
  11. Fuzzy

Roz
    Hey Clueless, could you please remind me which Amazon species Secret and MC are?

Clueless likes this.
  12. Fuzzy

Roz
    Hi Bogdan! You are so good to weigh your Amazon so regularly! How old is he? He's gorgeous!

Blue-fronted Amazons seem to vary a lot in size. I've seen huge ones and tiny ones.

13. Clueless

Blue fronts.

MC looks bigger (and does have bigger feet) but Secret weighs more.

14. Fuzzy

Roz
    I could see one Blue-front in your avatar. :D Which one is your avatar? They are small aren't they?

I read recently that Orange-wings vary in size depending on which area they originate from.

15. txdyna65

txdyna65 Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue

Kenny
    Lucy my yellow nape is 490 and has been in this area for over a year now, vet actually thinks she could gain a few.
    Miss Birdy our Orange Wing is 383 and has been steady weight for the year we've had her.

Fuzzy likes this.
  16. Clueless

Secret is in my avatar.

This one is MC

20180222_072927.jpg

17. melissasparrots

melissasparrots Rollerblading along the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

There are differences in bone structure. Some birds are just heavier even if not over weight but will have shorter stockier legs and wings.

Fuzzy and Clueless like this.
  18. Fuzzy

Roz
    OMG I love MC!!!! :heart: That's a wonderful picture!!! He's so cute!!! Has he got a lovely character too.... or are looks deceiving? :hehe:

Last edited: 1/10/19
    Rain Bow and Clueless like this.
  19. Fuzzy

Roz
    Yellow Napes are bigger than I thought! :)
    Yay - an Orange-wing! Miss Birdy is similar to Ollie my Orange-wing in weight.

20. Clueless

He's adorable and loving to me. Loves full hand skritches on head and neck. Even learned to do a kiss (by touching his beak to the bottom of my chin). To my husband, NOT!

MC literally will charge hubby, even when I'm not home and he lets him out of his cage. If I am home and I'm watching, MC does the toddler routine of I'm tee totally innocent.

Sodapop&Co., Rain Bow and Fuzzy like this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)