• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How many types of parrot pellets do you offer and ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdies yaaay

Moving in
Real Name
Chrissy
Well he took really fast to the natural colored pellets. By the second day he ate all the natural colored ones over the colored ones. He gets fruits and veggies, but some days I am unable provide that. Sometimes I can't for a few days. So because of that I want to start mixing his pellets. I want him to get the most out of his diet. But I don't want to spend a lot of money on something he might not like. Does Harrison's offer samples?

crystalusagi

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Crystal
I feed primarily the fruit blend zupreem. Give him an almond everyday as a treat, and whatever organic fruits or veggies we have lying around when I homecook. Lately I've been so busy with tax season there's less fresh food, which I feel pretty guilty about. After tax season I plan on having a birdie cooking spree.

I've been thinking about getting some natural zupreem & the nut blend to mix in, but they only ever have them in big sizes (like for greys or macaws). Is there a difference in the blends other than the size? Would I harm Kelsey by feeding him the bigger pellets? He really likes things he can hold in one foot and grind at.

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
Just TOPS. Cora excluded they all seem to really like it. But she's a recently recovering seed junkie. :rolleyes:

Poetic Ramblings

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lee
I feed primarily the fruit blend zupreem. Give him an almond everyday as a treat, and whatever organic fruits or veggies we have lying around when I homecook. Lately I've been so busy with tax season there's less fresh food, which I feel pretty guilty about. After tax season I plan on having a birdie cooking spree.

I've been thinking about getting some natural zupreem & the nut blend to mix in, but they only ever have them in big sizes (like for greys or macaws). Is there a difference in the blends other than the size? Would I harm Kelsey by feeding him the bigger pellets? He really likes things he can hold in one foot and grind at.
I can't see any reason why bigger pellets would hurt him. As long as he can eat them. :) And he should be. All of our birds eat the same size pellets, though we crumble Junior's a bit.

Peacelovepets

Jogging around the block
I feed Roudybush Maintenance, Zupreem Naturals, and TOPS in about 4:4:1-2:2:1 ratio. My preferance of pellet for them to be on would be TOPS. They don't eat it reliably enough, though. Eilley was weaned onto Zupreem naturals and Isaac was switched from seed/cockatiel mix to it. Since Roudybush doesn't have added sugar and they both like it, I also give them that. Like others, I do multiple types of pellets so that there is more variety available to them. Also Zupreem Naturals is much easier to optain than Roudybush or TOPS around me.

Hallie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sarah
My two month old Green Cheek was weaned on to seeds, but my bag of Harrison's should be here today for her. She's young and nibbles on everything, so I hope switching her won't be hard. I have my parakeets on Roudybush pellets and seed every now and then. My keets switched over to pellets with no problem, lets hope my gcc is the same!

Status
Not open for further replies.