• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How many minature mimics do we have here on the Boulevard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
This morning while sitting upstairs waiting for my coffee to get done it was still relatively quiet so I was able to catch Snowy talking very clear and it got me wondering how many other budgies do we have here that talk or mimic?
I need to start writing down all his little things he says.
His latest phrase I heard him say was "What are you doing?"
He also barks like a dog and says "Shut up".:lol:

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
I have a girl so no sounds from her but there is the cutest boy budgie at a birdshop I frequent and he will get on your shoulder and say whatcha doing beautiful. Or I'm beautiful

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
Both Tobie and Kiwi are talking up a storm! Sayings like "Bye,Bye" "Pretty Tobie" "Birddddddd" "Bark, Bark (after the neighbor's dogs :D), and "Hi Kiwi" are just among the words and phrases.

cher

Attachments

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Only 2 of my many budgies talked. My 1st ever bird, 60 years ago, said his name: Pretty Boy. That was it, "pretty boy"--but he said it a lot. His favorite time was just before bed, when he'd sit with his head in his bell & say it over & over...."Pretty boy, pretty pretty pretty preety boy". My last budgie (don't currently have one) :( ) said the shortened form of her name. I got her 2 weeks after my husband & I split up. She was the 1st budgie I'd ever had who wouldn't have a thing to do with me! Without realizing it, I must have said "D##n bird!" a "few" times, 'cause once I got my act together (about 9 months), she started coming out of the cage & was soon sitting on my shoulder, saying "Bird". And that became her name--and only word: Bird. "Bird. Bird. Birrrrrrrrrrrrd" Just once she said "good bird", which I often said to her after I became human again, but just that one time. At least she never picked up on the "d##n" :) She was one of my favorite budgies ever. Had her for 10 years. Lost her to ovarian cancer :( Sweet birdie...I still think of her.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Awww...you guys should post some videos here of you sweet talkers. I'd love to hear them. :D

geekasaurus

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chrissy
Leonard Nimoy doesn't talk (yet) but this morning I heard him making kissy sounds to Benson.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Tiki's a blabber mouth! :D

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I second the request for vids of talking budgies!!

geekasaurus

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chrissy
this isnt my bird but i love listening to him, sounds like someone trying to tune into different radio stations

ok why does it do that when i put the embed stuff in between the YT tags? it shows up normal when i preview it

anyhow heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfQ7081h2aY

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
I have 2 budgies that mimic other birds - one does a 'tiel (T.L.) and it sounds like I have a 'tiel in my house. The other does a starling or finch etc she was a stray outside for a while, and she sounds just like a species of bird you would hear outside the window.
I haven't heard any talking yet from them though... Supposedly Billie talks (according to her old owners) but I've never heard her ever mutter a word

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Baby Boy Blue says so many things that I cant remember all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.