• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How many Linnies are on this forum?

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
My boys are raring to go and make babies this spring... unfortunately for them, they are both male, and brothers to boot. But they do like to try anyway. :jawdrop1::jawdrop1::jawdrop1:

Mek0060

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Michelle
I have one. His name is Sebastian, he is Mauve. He's very good at mimicking sounds, but not speech so much. :)

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So funny Lindsay!

Michelle, the Mauve Linnies are so pretty! Gigi is so interested in watching me speak and whistle. It would be fun if she starts to mimic.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ha! Look at that open beak! When I try to take a pic of Gigi she often comes close to the cell phone. Then I show her all the pics of her. She is super interested and an inch away. :)

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
Hi Donna,
I've been browsing this forum for a few weeks and read all about your Gigi and the other Linnies here. I just brought home my first Linnie home today! She's a Dark Green, unnamed as of right now. I'm like you, and also interested in getting to know the others and talk about all thing Linnies :)

I'm disappointed that there is so little activity on the Linnie section of the forum. I am so excited about my Gigi and would love to talk about her to others.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello! Can't wait to hear all about your baby! Look at that profile pic! Little dinosaur. How old is she now? Do you have other birds? What made you decide on a Linnie?

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
She is 2 months old. She is our only bird right now, but have always had birds since I was young. My dad loves birds and I grew up with breeding finches and parakeets. My family has had parakeets, but they have lived out their lives with us and it's been quiet around here with them being all gone. This is my first Linnie. I only learned about them last year and have wanted one since.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So exciting! I have always had birds but never knew about Linnies. I called a breeder in March looking for a bird that wouldn't be too loud in our new condo. I was considering a hand fed parakeet or canary and then the breeder told me he had Linnies. He said to look online at the glowing things people say about them. I did and went to see his babies that day. I couldn't be more thrilled with Gigi. It's crazy that a 1.8 ounce little bit of a thing could have me wrapped around her little foot so quickly. :)

Can't wait to hear how the first few days go! Gigi settled in quickly, eating right away and exploring her cage.

kialmac

Moving in
Real Name
Kyle
I'm a new linnie owner, in fact I just got my pair today. They are the sweetest birds. I'm still letting them settle in, but I'm sooooo excited to start bonding with them.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hi Kyle! A new pair! Green and blue? I'm looking forward to hearing all about your babies! Names? sex?

And look at all those budgies and cockateils! My daughter's dog's name is Freya!

kialmac

Moving in
Real Name
Kyle
Hi Kyle! A new pair! Green and blue? I'm looking forward to hearing all about your babies! Names? sex?

And look at all those budgies and cockateils! My daughter's dog's name is Freya!
Yes, they are a green male, and a blue female...I think. The people I got them from are not 100 percent sure of the sex, but these guys are extremely bonded so I guess they are male and female. Always snuggled together, never far apart. I've noticed that one will sleep while the other stays on the lookout. I don't have names yet :( I'm trying to think of some! And yes, lol I have a whole flock of budgies, they're my little goofs.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I guess 2 males or 2 females could be quite bonded too. My breeder is fairly sure Gigi is a female. She has far less black bars and spots than some males I've seen online. Also she seems to have a less blocky head, more slope, another indication that someone said in a youtube. But I am no expert. And it doesn't matter to me. Although it will be strange if I someday find out she's a he. lol

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
Although it will be strange if I someday find out she's a he. lol
LoL
I'm wondering a bit about that myself. May go ahead and get a DNA test done ~ for curiosity sake. :)

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
Yes, they are a green male, and a blue female...I think. The people I got them from are not 100 percent sure of the sex, but these guys are extremely bonded so I guess they are male and female. Always snuggled together, never far apart. I've noticed that one will sleep while the other stays on the lookout. I don't have names yet :( I'm trying to think of some! And yes, lol I have a whole flock of budgies, they're my little goofs.
Congratulations on your pair!
Oh how fun to have all those birds around!
Don't feel bad about not having names ~ I'm in the same boat :)

kialmac

Moving in
Real Name
Kyle
Congratulations on your pair!
Oh how fun to have all those birds around!
Don't feel bad about not having names ~ I'm in the same boat :)
I'm going to take some time to think about names, I am thinking a pair/couple name. Or just that the names relate :)

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Waiting to hear the names Anna and Kyle!

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
LoL
Narrowing it down :)
Riley, Charlie, Gypsy or Ivy :wacky:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
LoL
Narrowing it down :)
Riley, Charlie, Gypsy or Ivy :wacky:
All cute choices! Is one or the other easier to say for your baby? It would be fun if she could say it.

A Lynn

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Anna
That's a good question. Will have think about that. We had a parakeet named Rollie, he would say "Rollie Ollie pretty bird" :xflove: