• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How many cockateils do you have?

Catherine89

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Catherine
i have two now but would like another. I’m curious to see how many other people. I just might turn into a crazy cockteil lady. So how many does everyone have?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thirteen...
I always forget for some reason that you have all those tiels. I guess I just think of Snow Pea. I think we need to see some cockatiel pictures.......... :)

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Bella won't let me get anymore birds. Any time I look at another bird, she shows me how displeased she is. It is Bella's world and I am just lucky enough to live in it.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I have 15. The last four are accidental hatches when Cookie Monster out thought me. I had three cockatiel deaths this year, and one lovebird.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aren't cockatiels just the sweetest birds?:heart: I have four, and I love them all dearly, but if I had to do it over again I would just have two. With two it's easier to travel, easier to give quality attention, easier to clean, less expense, etc., but you still have the pair to keep each other company. I think if you do get more it sometimes is easier to have an even number so nobody is the odd bird out.

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
Cockatiels were my first pet bird experience, although I've never owned one. One of my earliest memories was my mother taking me to the house of the neighbourhood "Bird Man." He raised 'tiels, and had some newly hatched eggs to show us. I remember the nest and open upturned beaks of hungry babies, cages seemingly everywhere, and LOTS of dust. I remember him chatting with my mother about a lady customer he recently turned down. She wanted to know for sure if the bird "sang" (maybe he raised canaries too, but IIRC, he had 'tiels). He said he wasn't going to sell her a bird because he didn't think she would love it.

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
I just have the one and only , Little Alsing IMG_1907.JPG

Btw has someone been pooped on their head before? I don't let her perch on my head for very long but she loves it up there.

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
I just have the one and only , Little Alsing View attachment 261280

Btw has someone been pooped on their head before? I don't let her perch on my head for very long but she loves it up there.
Just think of it as conditioner. Bella does it to me all of the time. It is easier to remove after it is dry and then when she is done with me, I take a shower.

Tara81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tara
Lol!so it comes off easily in the shower?