• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How long did it take your new IRN to start making noise?

Jadec22

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Jade
Hello!

So I have 2 birds: my GCC called Kiki and then my newer IRN (yet to be officially named so some parts may sound a little impersonal as I'll just refer to her/him as IRN but its just because I can't choose between 3 names and still awaiting DNA testing :lol:)

So far I am keeping the birds separated in different rooms for a mini quarantine period (well as much as possible in one house). So any time I get my IRN out its either with just me or sometimes with my boyfriend.

I've had my IRN for about 3 weeks now so I know she will still be settling in but I was wondering what other peoples experiences were with their new birds and them making noise?

So far she's been dead silent most of the time - the only time I've heard her make any kind of chirp is when I as watching a youtube video and there was a IRN making some of the high pitched calling sounds and she responded.

I only have my GCC Kiki to compare her to but she was a feisty little thing from day 2 so did not take long to settle in and make all her normal noises whereas my IRN is a lot more timid/gentle - shes definitely taking things at a much slow pace (which is absolutely fine by me)

I'll attach some pictures and hopefully a video to the post of her (excuse any drawing I'm a little self conscious so have blurred myself out) So far shes a fantastic little eater and will eat any fruit/veggie I give either from my hand or a bowl, she was clipped by the breeder so is very clumsy but she is stepping up, she's accepting time sitting with me/not just on one of the playstands and she is also accepting scritches but I can't tell if shes just tolerating them or actually enjoying them :hehe: as I know they are known for being more hands off.

Anyways any experiences/stories of peoples IRNs will help! Pika 6.jpg

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
My Plumhead took about 1 week to come to me. If I think back on it, it took him a long time to start getting more chatty. He is actually a pretty quiet bird even now. He gets chatty after breakfast, in the middle of the day for a short while and then before bed. Though most of the time you could hear a pin drop, if not for my other birds :)

IRN and other Asiatics are calculated and observant. Give it time! The birdie bird will find their stride soon enough.

Last edited: