• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do you store the unused toys?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wow mizzely that is awesome i love what you have done. But where can i get all the parts to make my own toys?
Or vendors have awesome sales too. You can go to the search key and type in "sidewalk sale" to get a sense of what happens. Stash some money back, you'll be glad you did!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
I have a rack/shelf outside the birdroom that I have travel cages on. I ended up hanging the toys sent for the rescue cheeks from the Posse on it. Works great. The toys I make usually stay upstairs in bins divided by who they are going to...rescue, raffles, sales or my guys to keep things germ free. But I would love to order a plexiglass pegboard with hooks to hang on the wall.

MandaExotics

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Amanda
My favorite way is in clear shoe containers from Bed Bath and Beyond like so:

View attachment 245678

I have also done it from the closet rod using shower curtain hooks to attach them, and those wire pantry shelves also make a good place to hang them :)
I used to have a shoe container over the door for this purpose. Seeing that it was a room the birds had access to and my IRN liked to shred it I gave up on that institution. It was very convenient though.
I love that idea :) but I don't have a spare closet to turn into toy central but you have planted a seed ;)
I don't see why you couldn't drill a couple hooks in the wall and hang it from there if you have a house or an apartment that will let you do so.

Amandas Birds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amanda
@feathergirl
I just use boxes i get toy stuff in at the moment but I have an idea for you on the totes you can make lists like an index of what's in each tote and numbers of stuff with names... then tape to the tote and as you go through it you can change numbers and cross stuff off! My birds go through stuff like tornado's nothing stays long lol they are like yayyyy new stuff to destroy Poland go through it as fast as I can make them.. they love the foraging toys. Not so much the wood stuff once in while tho they love the balsa blocks with some paper twist rope filled with some pellets or seeds, dried peppers,etc and then bead it closed they love that..
these toys didn't last more then two days between the two! :lol:

Attachments