• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do you store the unused toys?

feathergirl

Walking the driveway
I am wondering how everyone stores the unused toys. My past and current method is to throw them into a tote but then I forget about having them. I would like to have them stored and displayed in a manner that I can see what I have. I would like to hang the ones that are made to hang and still have some space to sit the ones that don't hang. I would love some ideas and pictures if you have some you are willing to share.

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
I have a three bed house so in one of the spare rooms, I hang all the toys I make in the closet on the clothes rack from a link. Easy access when I need to replace a toy and know when I need make more. :)

Pipsqueak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I jut have a box with all toys, toy parts, perches, I change things with every 1-2 weeks, need it easy accessible. I like the hanging idea, maybe on a peg board , on the other hand I don't want to see them or dust them , lol.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My favorite way is in clear shoe containers from Bed Bath and Beyond like so:

1094002_10101656270981688_2071917314_o.jpg

I have also done it from the closet rod using shower curtain hooks to attach them, and those wire pantry shelves also make a good place to hang them :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Holy Smokes @Mizzely Shawna that is quite the toy closet. mine are in tote under Sweet Pea's cage.

feathergirl

Walking the driveway
I jut have a box with all toys, toy parts, perches, I change things with every 1-2 weeks, need it easy accessible. I like the hanging idea, maybe on a peg board , on the other hand I don't want to see them or dust them , lol.

I love pegboard but I am with you on the dusting and keeping them clean.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
We all need to head over to @Mizzely 's for some tea and start shopping :merlieshops:
Holy Smokes @Mizzely Shawna that is quite the toy closet. mine are in tote under Sweet Pea's cage.

I PROMISE it's not like this anymore LOL. This was when I had Gizmo and Koopa who flew through toys and I had gotten a little...ambitious...with some sales :lol: My stash is a lot lower key now!

feathergirl

Walking the driveway
Mine are just in a tote too. I wish I had room to hang somehow.

I have junk in totes that I haven't pulled out in YEARS! I rotate toys but whatever is on the bottom seems to stay on the bottom. I need them out in some organized way so I can see them. My hubby just told me to store them like I do my cast iron, pretty good idea.

feathergirl

Walking the driveway
My favorite way is in clear shoe containers from Bed Bath and Beyond like so:

View attachment 245678

I have also done it from the closet rod using shower curtain hooks to attach them, and those wire pantry shelves also make a good place to hang them :)
I need that CLOSET! That is pretty impressive! I keep all of the toy making stuff in a nice organizer in the garage but the actual toys are buried in totes on a shelf out there :(

My closets are full of other stuff so I don't have a closet to dedicate to Olivia other than the one she sleeps in. I do have a little room in there so maybe, just maybe I can dedicate what is left to her toy storage.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I need that CLOSET! That is pretty impressive! I keep all of the toy making stuff in a nice organizer in the garage but the actual toys are buried in totes on a shelf out there :(

My closets are full of other stuff so I don't have a closet to dedicate to Olivia other than the one she sleeps in. I do have a little room in there so maybe, just maybe I can dedicate what is left to her toy storage.

As long as you have a door free, it works! I was able to even put foot toys in this one so it was really easy to see everything I had and when I needed to make more.

Closetware Clear Over-the-Door 26-Pocket Shoe Organizer - Bed Bath & Beyond

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I have mine in rubbermade containers in shelving with the birds names on them :)

feathergirl

Walking the driveway

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I have mine in drawers. One drawer for new toys, one drawer for foot toys, and one for toy parts. Every six months or so I go through the drawers and get rid of some stuff and generally organize them.

Shauna0522

Moving in
Real Name
Shauna tuck
Wow mizzely that is awesome i love what you have done. But where can i get all the parts to make my own toys?