• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do you spell addiction? 50,000 AA posts, that's how!!

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That reminds me of a great joke my recently departed Dad used to tell.

Scene: Ditch-digging hick gets accepted to Harvard. He arrives early, wanting to take in the atmosphere, appreciate the famous sculpture, architecture and ivy covered halls. Hick gets a little turned around, and finds he is lost. (Big campus). He spies a black-robed Fellow, and figures this is just the guy to point him in the right direction.

Hick: "Scuse me, I wonder if you could tell me where the library's at?"
Fellow: (in a snotty Harvard accent- like he's pretending he's British) "My gud suh. I wud be happy to inform you of the location of our great library. However, I must make mention that heah at Haaahvad, we do not end our sentences with prepositions".
Hick: (scratching head) "Alright then, I wonder if you could tell me where the library's at, ••••••••••

RIP Dad xoxo
Along the same lines, I bought a card with two ladies on it, where one asks, "Where's your birthday the party at?"
Second lady" "Don't end a sentence with a preposition."
First lady: "OK, where's your birthday party at, b***h!? :lol:

Katy

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue

Along the same lines, I bought a card with two ladies on it, where one asks, "Where's your birthday the party at?"
Second lady" "Don't end a sentence with a preposition."
First lady: "OK, where's your birthday party at, b***h!? :lol:
good one! Mine got edited. I starred out several letters but I guess it was still too obvious. I really only cared if you saw it, since I reckoned it would be good therapy for a compulsive grammar hound. I am too. As was my Dad.