• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How Do You Protect the Wall Behind Cage?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Currently I am using a plastic shower curtain that is clear taped behind my bird cage to protect the wall. Hoping someone has a suggestion or 2 that would be better than this. Appreciate any responses.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Protect the wall. What a novel idea. I’ll have to try that. :D

Attachments

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I just used the same thing. Shower curtain liners seem like the best idea to me, since they're pretty cheap, easy to clean and easy to hang with 3m hooks. Occasionally I'll forget to put it back up and I'll sit there for an hour with a wet toothbrush scrubbing dried food off the walls.

Just-passn-thru

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
Plexi glass. Measure the backside of the cage, go to home depot have them cut for you. Also ask to drill on top 2 holes attach s hooks ...and hang , you need to measure the distance from side to side ,to allow for the holes to hang between the vertical bars.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah

Everyone needs an escape plan! What do you expect them to do in an emergency? Geez

TWR

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Perspex cut to size with holes drilled so that you can attach it to the rear of the cage works well.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
It was nice of you to provide refreshments for the wreckerators.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
If you go to Lowes or Home Depot they sell wall panels. There are some that look like wood and others that are a plastic type material. Very light weight and easy to cut usually (esp the plastic). Just cut to size or use entire panel behind cage. Small nails will hold it up.
1/16 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft. Plastic Panel-63003 - The Home Depot

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
You're supposed to protect the wall??? After a while mine starts to look like a bad Pollock painting. I just scrape it off and wash it down. If it's really bad I just repaint it.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
You're supposed to protect the wall??? After a while mine starts to look like a bad Pollock painting. I just scrape it off and wash it down. If it's really bad I just repaint it.
Haha,I do the same thing..

Distaff

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Mary
my guys don't chew, but the canary splatters everything - and it bonds to the paint like a fresco. A sheer curtain hung on the back and sides of the cage has worked well.

Laura729

Jogging around the block
@Lady Jane Here are some photos showing the removable vinyl "peel and stick" paper from Amazon that I put by Charlie's cage (it's the white, faux marble design). It's very easy to wipe off, and there are other colors/patterns available. I also use pictures from old calendars, greeting cards, and print random pictures I find online to put on and around it as additional protection (I call it his "inspiration wall" :laugh:), and which can easily be removed/replaced when needed. :) I also have a shower curtain hung behind his cage.

IMG_0715.JPG \ IMG_5892.JPG IMG_5889.JPG

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
I just use the kind of plastic you would use to put over your windows to seal them for the winter ..and hang them behind the cages ..Tyrion is really the only bird that needs it ..he is a messy boy :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Thanks Laura - that looks so like something you would create. I will check it out on Amazon. Appreciate all the responses.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
You could also buy sheets or coroplast cheaply. Super light weight, water resistant and come in tons of colors.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
If you don't want to put something on the wall, then put something on the back of the cage; you can even advance it part way up both sides of the cage as well. I found when I mount the sheets on the back of the cages I use to cut down on drafts and increase warmth for them in the winter, the sheets also catch the flung food and crap as well. I don't have many flingers, so I just need to replace the soiled sheets once a month or once every other month.