1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How do I get my bird to eat veggies?

Discussion in 'Budgie Boulevard' started by kifird, 10/11/18.

1. kifird

kifird Strolling the yard

Jeremy
    I have basically given up on trying to feed my bird fruits and veg. I've been fiddling it in front of her face and even been eating it just so that she can try it. I think my bird is addicted to millet because we feed her pellets, and whenever she takes the sight of millet, she goes crazy for it.

2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    Have you tried broccoli? Chopped up in tiny pieces the tops look like seeds. You can also try sprouting.

3. Gribouille

Gribouille Strolling the yard

I know... Mine are reluctent too. They would eat veggies by accident if I give them a mix of miced or most veggies with seeds topping. eventually they could chew some apple or salat but it happens once or twice a week :meh:...
    I had another budgie who just loved the most veggies, then the other one would eat it too, but after the first one died, the other one never touched it again by himself :shifty:

4. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

You just have to keep trying. You could sprinkle some millet on top of the veggies. Have you tried carrot tops or celery leaves? My budgies used to like those. They also liked apple and sprouted greens. You can also try mixing the veggies in a mash or baking them in a bird bread. May or may not work. My birds do eat veggies but they don't like mashes or bird breads.

5. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION POSTAHOLIC

Shawna
    Took me 6 months each to get my quakers to eat veggies!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)