• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How can I outsmart him?

Happynme

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carmen
I was just about to suggest letting him have a nest box and let him have numerous humpable items (happys favorite is a rope swing poofy top)

But laurulfeathercat beat me too it. Im glad he has taken to his nest and is far less grouchy!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes! Sherbie does this to my cheek all the time! I thought at first he was just rubbing food off on me. I was born to be a napkin, after all. Yet he does this at random, rubbing a straight line on my face and then peering sideways at me, hoping I'll feed him. :huh:
Oh, the ways that they love us and show their affection! :laughing2: Sherbs is probably wondering how on earth you could possibly resist his charms!!

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He does a lot of beak rubbing and beak tapping (it sounds like a woodpecker) on the inside of the box; Kind of like he's trying to force the box to be bigger. He's done this when playing in towel tunnels... Always working to make it roomier.
Dual purpose! :D "This nest is mine!" and, "Any takers? The Sherbie pad is more than enough to handle a whole crowd of hot birds!" ;)

It wouldn't surprise me much if he had ulterior motives! Sometimes he does get a little jealous. Sherbs will try to "hide" in my hair or under my chin if I'm about to be given a hug. You can tell he's positioning himself in case he feels the need to defend me.
Good thing the fiancé can't feel the coiling of the micro-raptor poised to lunge for the jugular! :laughing6:
Termite is like that, too - he's a very vigilant defender and hates for anyone to touch me or even sit next to me while he's out!

It's generally not a problem, but I prefer to have Sherbie off of me if we're going to hug. Sherb has a wicked bite-- he gnaws with his lower mandible and man does it smart! Thankfully there's usually a warning... he'll start clicking and fanning his tail/ruffling his feathers. Other times, he'll just charge forward and bite without any hesitation.
What a generous little fellow to (sometimes :D) give such a clear warning to his disobedient humans! A sudden neck-bite would definitely be an unpleasant surprise! Sherbie might just go straight to biting his favorite person if he gets tired of these "hugs" and other things he disapproves of! :rpg3:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Sherbs is probably wondering how on earth you could possibly resist his charms!!
Starting to wonder if I really can resist his charms. He's very persistent, and that beak tapping is awfully catchy.