• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

How Can I Help This Bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:omg::omg:carole bless you bless you bless you:hug8:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Glad he's with you now. Will be watching for updates.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Bless your heart Carole :hug8::hug8:

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
Glad you both are home and he is functioning better under your care. Will look for your posts on his progress.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Well my days of CL rescues are over. I was in the doghouse..but weaseled my way out, thanks to Riley's mom.:hug8: She is going to come and take him, and get the help he needs. He is a gorgeous bird. He really perked up after eating.:) After being blessed out, threatened, and read the riot act, I got my DH to calm down and just go see him. He must have thought he was lovely too, because he reached in to pet him to spite my protest that he could get bitten, and when he did bite him, he said he did not fault him for it.:embarassed:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Well my days of CL rescues are over. I was in the doghouse..but weaseled my way out, thanks to Riley's mom.:hug8: She is going to come and take him, and get the help he needs. He is a gorgeous bird. He really perked up after eating.:) After being blessed out, threatened, and read the riot act, I got my DH to calm down and just go see him. He must have thought he was lovely too, because he reached in to pet him to spite my protest that he could get bitten, and when he did bite him, he said he did not fault him for it.:embarassed:
glad all is well and DH sounds like a sweet softie :heart:

and thank you for stepping in and speaking up for this little one

:hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
He was angry at me for going to a stranger's home by myself. He felt I could have been lured in by a nutcase that just wanted to do me harm. He feels I have now put our birds at risk, knowing nothing about this bird{of course that could happen anytime a new bird came in, even though they were QT'd...but it made for a good argument..lol} He was fire mad at me...at first. We have spoken several times about no more pets,in the very least without discussion and agreement first, so he takes it as a direct slap in the face. I have to see it from his side too. I just felt so compelled to go and help this bird, I don't know why. Even though I knew he would not be happy with my decision.
I called the guy back tonight to ask when this happened, he said two days ago.:( The guy then thanked me, and said he felt that God had brought me to him.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
uh-huh - DH would have been the same way here - he knows how I am about helpless, injured animals - I tend to think of them first and me last, so he says it is his job to look out for me :heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
But that mad? Whew he was mad...he had a bad day and was sick all day so that didn't help. I am not used to him being angry, we really get along great.
I am so glad I went to save this beautiful bird. I can't say I would do it again, but it did feel good to know I helped him get to a better place.
Thanks for everyone's help and support.:hug8:

Last edited:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
But that mad? Whew he was mad...he had a bad day and was sick all day so that didn't help. I am so glad I went to save this beautiful bird. I can't say I would do it again, but it did feel good to know I helped him get to a better place.
Thanks for everyone's help and support.:hug8:

probably even more furious to begin with :lol:but it's a safety issue with him - he would be more upset about that than adding another animal :)

Last edited:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
You did good Carole. DH knows deep in his heart that you were just looking out for the well being of this precious baby. :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thank you Chris. I told him I had no intentions of keeping him. Although stunning, this bird deserves a huge aviary. I cannot provide him with that. I feel it would be wrong to keep him in a regular cage.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
:hehe: My DH would be the same way, he's very firm on the no more permanent birds. I am glad you've already found him a new home to go to.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
oh dear, Carole - I hope you don't think I am being critical of your actions today or your DH

I applaud you for saving that baby and would have done the same as you and dealt with whatever fall out later

I think your DH was more concerned for your safety and some of that transferred to bringing home another baby

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Carole, what an angel you are for saving this one...sorry your DH was so upset, but you did a great thing.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:hehe: My DH would be the same way, he's very firm on the no more permanent birds. I am glad you've already found him a new home to go to.
oh dear, Carole - I hope you don't think I am being critical of your actions today or your DH

I applaud you for saving that baby and would have done the same as you and dealt with whatever fall out later

I think your DH was more concerned for your safety and some of that transferred to bringing home another baby

Carole, what an angel you are for saving this one...sorry your DH was so upset, but you did a great thing.
Thank you all for your kind words.:) GG, I don't think that at all. I have a strong urge to help when I see wrongdoing. It is really hard for me to stifle those feelings and think clear and safety first, and all the smart things one should think.:o:
I am calling this bird Karma, even though here briefly. I hope he will find a wonderful permanent home. After reading more about them, I found he is a male by description. Males have blue under the tail, females are green. I will get a pic of him today.:)

Last edited:

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
Gotta get ready for work, but the name Karma stays. I will talk to you when I get off. If you need me, give me a call. I check the phone often.

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
You did the right thing Carole; and so did Troy. I'm sure you know what I mean, lol. :hug8:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Gotta get ready for work, but the name Karma stays. I will talk to you when I get off. If you need me, give me a call. I check the phone often.
Thanks a million Cindy!:hug8:I look forward to meeting you. Troy said I can meet you in Lakeland. That will make the trip easier for you. I am thinking it is exit 41 off I-4, the exit that goes to Hwy 98, there are restaurants & gas stations there.

You did the right thing Carole; and so did Troy. I'm sure you know what I mean, lol. :hug8:
:omg: Steve!!! In his ire he even mentioned YOU! He said " and the guy who showed up in the cab..I never mentioned it, nice guy but...you met him on the INTERNET!! How would you feel if YOU came home and I had some girl here I met on the internet?":eek:
I said.."wow..I did not even look at him that way, because I have no personal interest in him other than a friend"
Man..all kinds of monsters reared their ugly head during this argument.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.