• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How are Pineapple Conures as Pets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Z Birds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Donna
A few weeks ago, I was asked to take a pineapple mutation GCC. Maui is only about a year and a half, and she is a GEM!!! I have admired GCC's for some time, especially the pineapples. What a gift!!!

Maui is one of my computer buddies, and is very entertaining. She was a little nippy when she arrived, but it only took a couple days to correct. She is a little velcro bird and is fully flighted. If I leave the room for even a moment, I have to put her in the cage, or she flies to my shoulder.

I'm very happy to have Maui. I would highly recommend GCC's to someone who is looking for that size bird.:heart:

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
As I am limiting my bird family to one, my English Budgie will have to do for now. We have been overwhelmed last year with our dog health issues and want to get past that before we add any other animals into our home. Better for all around. I worry more about boarding the bird that the dogs. if we travel.

Simplysuz1

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Suzanne
Hello Everyone, this is my first post on this sight. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my first conure ( a pineapple ) the dna test is in progress so i dont know if i'm getting a boy or a girl, regardless, i fell in love with this little bird at first sight. i've had several visits and am learning about clicker training, i will click-train him/her from the beginning. the parrot emporium where i'm buying him from has already begun the click-train process for me. if anyone has hints or suggestions for me, i would love to learn from you.:)

pdbird

Strolling the yard
GCC are the best from my experiences around pet bird's(raised with a brother george a 35 yr old congo grey and a amazonian,lucy that joined my family when i was 12) ,as far as noise,cost,space requirement. these parrots CANNOT be beat,however the time that they need from you to thrive is as much or MORE then the larger birds. .also their energy is a lil more hectic and hyperactive(hyphy) ....but at this point in my life i'm biased as heck.cheers

jlan79

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Julia
My Pineapple is pretty awesome! She can be nippy at times, mostly as I'm trying to get her off my head, but she's a sweetie. She's very quiet as far as bird go. Definitely no screeching or screaming. I do think she's smaller than the regular green cheeks I see in the stores, but I'm not sure if it's just her or pineapples in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.