• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

How about you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My family raises Morgan horses.These guys are what I grew up with.>>>>>>>>>>>> excalibur1.jpg Morgan%20Horse.jpg

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Judy told me about this thread...amazing photos! I had told her of a thread I started a few days ago on a goldfish forum. And this guy came on and has now posted two sets of the most amazing horses! Judy suggested I post my favorite, his name is Luminar. From the first set. But the person has now posted a second set of amazing photos on pg 2, and I cannot possibly pick a favorite, and don't want to borrow this fellow's pics without permission, so here is the link. Enjoy:heart:
The Goldfish and Aquarium Board
Valentino :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very pretty Nicolette:) arabians are very smart cookies.(intelligent)I showed and trained Morgans for over 30 years.But I also had some greta school horses that were arabs.Loved them all.

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
Very pretty Nicolette:) arabians are very smart cookies.(intelligent)I showed and trained Morgans for over 30 years.But I also had some greta school horses that were arabs.Loved them all.
Thanks :D Yeah Sonny is pretty smart! He always sneaks into the feed bag while I am not looking!!

chompie_puppy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
I might have been dreaming about Shire horses... but this was my noble steed in real life. :D

Looked like a Donkey, tried to kick me in the face numerous times, spat on me, tried to roll with me still on his back... but I loved that horse more than life. :heart:

To be honest, I disliked him a lot when I first met him. Then one day when he was 8 years old, after he was particularly stubborn with me that day, I told him that I hated him before putting him back in his paddock. That night he had a stroke. :( We really thought we were going to lose him...

Being only a child at the time, I was convinced my bitter words caused him to have the stroke. I was absolutely devastated. I hated myself.

Once he recovered he had forgotten everything he knew. We had to start over. I was with him every step of the way and I promised myself I would contain and supress any anger and frustrations. I became incredibly patient and we took baby steps all of the way. We became the best of buddies. :heart:

I owe a lot to that horse. He taught me more about life than school ever did. :D

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
:omg: So many amazing pictuers of horses. :heart: I have to admit, these guys always make me swoon. They's so sweet IRL too.

And of course, these guys are just nifty looking:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Looked like a Donkey, tried to kick me in the face numerous times, spat on me, tried to roll with me still on his back... but I loved that horse more than life. :heart:

To be honest, I disliked him a lot when I first met him. Then one day when he was 8 years old, after he was particularly stubborn with me that day, I told him that I hated him before putting him back in his paddock. That night he had a stroke. :( We really thought we were going to lose him...

Being only a child at the time, I was convinced my bitter words caused him to have the stroke. I was absolutely devastated. I hated myself.

Once he recovered he had forgotten everything he knew. We had to start over. I was with him every step of the way and I promised myself I would contain and supress any anger and frustrations. I became incredibly patient and we took baby steps all of the way. We became the best of buddies. :heart:

I owe a lot to that horse. He taught me more about life than school ever did. :D
That was an awesome story!:):hug8:

Feather

Avenue Veteran
I must have been an odd little girl. I never wanted a pony or horse. No . . . my dream steed looked like this:
24425-zebra.jpg

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I have always loved pure white horses, will have one some day..

And herds of wild horses..

Having 6 is enough right now though! :p

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
HavingFun.jpg
Gypsy vanners make me swoon, and i can see i'm not alone from this thread!! :heart:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I never had a horse, but my mother sort of did. Don't have a picture, but she has told me all about Barney, the retired cow pony she had to ride to school when she was 8 years old. She was NOT fond of Barney. He often inflated his belly when her uncle would saddle him in the morning. Then while she was in school, Barney would let the air out, lay down, and wiggle out of his saddle. She couldn't resaddle him, so she'd have to walk home. She never explained to me why the teacher couldn't resaddle him for her. Also, it was open range country, and every time Barney saw any cows, he'd round them up, making her late for school. And once, they came across a herd of wild horses & Barney tried to join them...which was NOT okay with them! Scared my mom half to death. As I said, mom was not too fond of Barney Guess hearing her stories is why I've never really wanted to have a horse, :lol:

Last edited:

Naiera

Real Name
Alyssa
I never had a horse, but my mother sort of did. Don't have a picture, but she has told me all about Barney, the retired cow pony she had to ride to school when she was 8 years old. She was NOT fond of Barney. He often inflated his belly when her uncle would saddle him in the morning. Then while she was in school, Barney would let the air out, lay down, and wiggle out of his saddle. She couldn't resaddle him, so she'd have to walk home. She never explained to me why the teacher couldn't resaddle him for her. Also, it was open range country, and every time Barney saw any cows, he'd round them up, making her late for school. And once, they came across a herd of wild horses & Barney tried to join them...which was NOT okay with them! Scared my mom half to death. As I said, mom was not too fond of Barney Guess hearing her stories is why I've never really wanted to have a horse, :lol:
Wow! Thanks for sharing! That was very fun to read - I wish I had a Barney of my own to ride to school with. Would beat the city bus, that's for sure!

Lauren and Jack

Real Name
Lauren Watson
lol I love this thread!!!! awesome posts and I want a pony everyday... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.