• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

House Cleaning safe for tekkies????

philae21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gail
Hi everyone,
Jacks is fine, although still VERY shy. Try taking him out of his cage everyday and don't bother him to come to me since he's not yet at ease:( after 10 days. Oh well.

I also have 2 big dogs and 3 cats....and really need to wash the floors. I live in France and try to do everything organic. I have this soap called black soap that is biodegradable with the following composition. Is this dangerous for Jacks?

AQUA

LINSEED OIL, POTASSIUM SALT

GLYCERIN

POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE

TRISODIUM DICARBOXYMETHYL ALANINATE

Thanks for your help.
philae21

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
I would be wary of it - probably would not use it, especially on surfaces he comes in contact with, just to be on the safe side!

Trisodium Dicarboxymethl Alaninate - it is the surfactant but said to be an eye and skin irritant.

Potassium Hydroxide is also known as caustic potash - toxic if swallowed and can cause skin burns, eye damage (POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE | KOH - PubChem

Linseed Oil is safe. Potassium salt is like table salt. Glycerin is safe for the skin (not sure about ingestion).

Safe options for your floors:
Mild dishsoap and water (Dawn)
Vinegar and water
Steam cleaner

Jaguar

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Ry
That's a very basic castile soap, I'm sure it's fine. I use Dr Bronner's on my floors.

philae21

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Gail
Thanks Jaguar,

So, Dr Bronner's castile soap and steam it is!