• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hot Sunday

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
Hello all
We have just had a Sunday where the temperature reached 44 degree Celsius (111 F). Henry received a real good showering down and tequila stayed in front of the fan for most of the day.

Today (Monday) it's was 28 degree Celsius, and a young Pied Currawong flew down to me. well more of a crash landing then flying and started squawking for food. So I put it onto the tread of the stairs, then went and got some worms out of the garden. After having a feed of worms, it sat on the fence for a while before flying away.

The Heat on Sunday affected wildlife especially the young. So this Pied Currawong decided to ask a human for some food.

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
We are in freezing temps here on the east coast of the US. Some people are already wishing it was summer.
It's supposed to warm up this week to the 50s.

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
We are in freezing temps here on the east coast of the US. Some people are already wishing it was summer.
It's supposed to warm up this week to the 50s.

I was just thinking the same thing! Its been SUPER cold here and finally warming up a little bit. It was below zero F here all last week!

Chopper

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mary lynn Snowman
Yeah - my toes are cold most of the day. I have to go home and put on warm fuzzies to warm them up.

Shinobi

Jogging around the block
Today the Pied Currawong returned. I noticed yesterday that inside it's mouth was black with small spots of yellow, both plumage and beak was dull and dirty. I managed to convince the Currawong to perch on my arm while I fed it. the bird was very light, lucky if it's 150 grams. Today the inside of the mouth was yellow and it's plumage seem cleaner, but the beak is still dull.

The Currawong had a feed of worms again and drank some rainwater then flew the clothesline and proceeded to preen. So it seems that the currawong is improving.