• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormones are out of control right now

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I hope the new cabinet solves the problem. At least for a long time cause it's not cheap catering to Blu's quirkiness
Tell me about it! And it's not just Quakers - the tiels are little mini shredders - they've done quite a piece of work on the window frames :headsmack: in the bird room (as well as having chewed the cord on the Austin air purifier). :bignono:

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Tell me about it! And it's not just Quakers - the tiels are little mini shredders - they've done quite a piece of work on the window frames :headsmack: in the bird room (as well as having chewed the cord on the Austin air purifier). :bignono:
:faint:
I guess I should be thankful he hasn't bothered the window frames...yet.:wacky:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Is it possible for fall hormones to only last like a week?
Some days you get up and you feel great, lots of energy yada yada yada. Other days you get up, feel like crap and don't feel like doing anything. Weather tends to drive my moods too.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
* Update*

I think it's safe to say that Blu is over that hump now. It's been almost a week (6 straight days) of him being phenomenal. Just sweet as pie!

I'm not sure if it just naturally got better, or if it was a combo of things - I took away his nesting stereo cabinet, he's been going to bed earlier, and he went to the vet on Sat (vet visits always remind him of how good home is, lol)

But yeah, he is my best friend lately and I even miss him when he's sleeping. That's how good things are right now :cloud9:

WendyN

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Excellent!

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
* Update*

I think it's safe to say that Blu is over that hump now. It's been almost a week (6 straight days) of him being phenomenal. Just sweet as pie!

I'm not sure if it just naturally got better, or if it was a combo of things - I took away his nesting stereo cabinet, he's been going to bed earlier, and he went to the vet on Sat (vet visits always remind him of how good home is, lol)

But yeah, he is my best friend lately and I even miss him when he's sleeping. That's how good things are right now :cloud9:
Yay! Im glad he has calmed down and back to his sweet self! As for mine, I woke up to an egg on the bottom of her cage this morning o_O

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Cookie Monster Tiel is starting her fourth clutch of eggs...
:faint: I feel for you, Laurul Feather Cat . I recently adopted a Sennie and she has been doing the skirt dance and trying to regurgitate for me, too -- I just do something else, like change the water bowl 10x, and tell her "no, thanks - Im good" regarding her offer to feed me

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
* Update*

Knock on wood when you say these things my dear. :D The sunny days give us time to recharge before the next storm.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Knock on wood when you say these things my dear. :D The sunny days give us time to recharge before the next storm.

SO true! I am taking advantage of all the kisses Jingo is giving me before the inevitable dive bombing comes back :p