• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormonal

janicedyh

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
Kiwi has been this way for the last month. I can't come near her without her posturing. Any suggestions? I don't want to ignore her but don't want to encourage her either. I have to admit, I have never had a female and don't have a clue. SAM_0199 (1).JPG

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How much sleep does she get? You can try increasing her hours of darkness/sleep by 2 hours for a couple weeks. The idea is it makes them think it's winter and not a time to mate/lay eggs.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
She goes to bed around 7 (covered) and gets up around 7:30. I don't want my little girl laying eggs and all the risk involved with it.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
You can try 14 hours for 2 weeks and see if it helps.

janicedyh

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Janice
I know she isn't as happy since being clipped....I feel so bad but it was a "have to" thing. Since I have been traveling to my moms 4 hours away and staying there 2 weeks at a time helping her go through chemo. With the constant flow of people in and out of the house I had to choose to clip or have her inside the cage 24/7. When things hopefully get better she can grow her beautiful long wings again : (