• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormonal Sunny

SliceandDice

Moving in
Real Name
Cassidy
So slice has a history of being overly obsessed with any type of fabric material (she can’t even have a bed or cozy hammock) because she will for better terms pleasure herself at one point she was so stimulated she would lay three eggs a week and after we fixed the behavior she has been practically egg free for about a year now.

But recently she has reverted to this habit in her bedding which is just shredded paper and a wooden toy that was recently bought.. so should I remove the toy and change bedding again or? I really dont know what to change the bedding to since the paper has worked for so long. Brown bags do not work she sits and shreds them all day.. TIA!!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
she has been practically egg free for about a year now.
That is quite normal and about now (especially because its spring) is when those hormones would kick in again (as it will every season going forward).

SliceandDice

Moving in
Real Name
Cassidy
That is quite normal and about now (especially because its spring) is when those hormones would kick in again (as it will every season going forward).
Does it ever stop? Like birdy menopause or do they continue? Shes quite old for a sunny.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm pretty sure they can produce eggs for a good portion of their lifespan. My mother in law's Quaker is 15 and still laying a couple times a year! How old is she?

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
Do you have a grate to keep her away from the papers?