• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Holland Lops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Thanks to Nicole (NikkiLS) and her thread on her baby Holland Lops, I absolutely COULD NOT resist their cuteness!!! So, I went out and got two of my own. Here's some pics of my two boys frolicking in the backyard today. They are seriously the cutest things, and I'm telling you...if you see one in person, you'll have to have one!!! I haven't named them yet.

Here's my "Blue Eyed White". He's terrified of the camera. Freezes up or hides his face if I try to take his pic. You'll notice all his pictures are the same. lol

This is my "Vienna Marked Orange" Boy. He is an absolute poser, and "Squeee" cute! I have more pics of him because he is such the poser. I just love his white feet!!!

Washing his face

Strutting his stuff

This is my favorite pic of him! How can you resisit these guys?!?!?

Thought I would throw in a pic of my Chinchillas sleeping this morning too...so they don't feel left out. :)

Last edited:

MaximotheMacaw

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicolette
I LOVE holland lops!! I used to have one. I have been thinking of getting one(when the budget isn't so tight) but thought Maximo needs more stuff...you are not helping the temptation!!!

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They are sooooo adorable!:heart:

Meatball

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
:omg: Soooooooooooooooooooooo Cute!!!!!!!! Ok now you are not helping me, I have no room for bunnies but I want one! Adorable! :heart::heart::heart:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
They are very pretty!

Matt

Yoyo'sMom

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
They are soooo cute, I can't stand it. :heart: I'd love to see the look on my husbands face if I told him I needed to get some of my own.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww,they are so freaking precious :heart:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
They are absolutely adorable!! I want to snuggle them ASAP!

jasminlana

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elsie
Those little bunnies are so adorable and sweet I could come steal them both right now.
Now I want a baby bunny and I already have 2 adult dwarf rabbits

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
They are too cute!! :heart: You make me want a lop now, but Dexta probably wouldn’t be happy with another bunny around (especially when it comes to getting attention).

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! I love the pic of the one washing his face - looks like he's playing hide and seek or peek-a-boo!! :heart:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
They are gorgeous Tim, congrats!:swoon: Love the pics and the one of the chins too.:)

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
:faint: They are far too cute!! Love the little tan one.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I keep coming back to look at them.:) The face washing pic is adorable, but I think my favorite is the "strutting his stuff" pic.:D
Some name ideas
Vanilla for the white
Tango for the orange{mango tango is a crayola color:p}

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
LOVE THEM! hehe the bew cracks me up I know just what you mean! :hug8:

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Thanks everyone!!!

I keep coming back to look at them.:) The face washing pic is adorable, but I think my favorite is the "strutting his stuff" pic.:D
Some name ideas
Vanilla for the white
Tango for the orange{mango tango is a crayola color:p}
Aren't they irresistable?!?!?! lol I hope someday soon I can get a good pic of the Blue Eyed White. He's such a chicken of the camera. Thanks for the nice comments on my Chinnies too. I had my first "Show Grooming" training session today for my Chins. It was such hard work! But I couldn't believe the before and after difference. Luckily I didn't have my first session grooming one of my Chinchillas. lol

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks everyone!!!

Aren't they irresistable?!?!?! lol I hope someday soon I can get a good pic of the Blue Eyed White. He's such a chicken of the camera. Thanks for the nice comments on my Chinnies too. I had my first "Show Grooming" training session today for my Chins. It was such hard work! But I couldn't believe the before and after difference. Luckily I didn't have my first session grooming one of my Chinchillas. lol
Aww..maybe you should buy one of those small flat cameras. There was one little black one by Sony I actually liked. It supposedly does HD videos. DH said.."It's not a Nikon":rolleyes:
So there are actually shows to win ribbons for Chinchillas? How do they groom them? Make them look all fluffy by brushing them, washing them??

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Aww..maybe you should buy one of those small flat cameras. There was one little black one by Sony I actually liked. It supposedly does HD videos. DH said.."It's not a Nikon":rolleyes:
So there are actually shows to win ribbons for Chinchillas? How do they groom them? Make them look all fluffy by brushing them, washing them??
Chins can't really be washed. Their fur is so dense it's super hard to dry them and they risk getting fungus growing in their fur. They take dustbaths to keep clean.
As far as grooming for a show, first I had to trim the tip of their tails to a flat cut. Then the white hair tips on the tail itself get cut away. Then using a series of combs (Larger tooth spacing to super fine) you comb back to front. Sounds easy, but the fur is SOOOO dense it's really hard! Plus you're dealing with an animal that is moving and possibly biting (I got bit twice!). The finishing touch was a tape lint brush from back to front. Then you pray the judge likes your Chinchilla. :) The state show is in February.

Status
Not open for further replies.