• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Holidays/possible permanent move

Amira

Meeting neighbors
:hello:

After a long period of study papers (the last two are due this week) and tests, I'm nearly done with my course! :cantwait:

But now I need to figure out if I'm going back to Qatar or stay in Portugal. I have a good job offer in the Philippines too so I thought about going there to check it out and if I'm happy with it we can stay. If not at least I'll take a whole month off while I'm there :yahoo:

The question is: is anyone familiar with the procedures in the Philippines? I know due to the avian flu some asian countries are banned but they say nothing about Europe. Still would I be able to bring her back after entering the country? I am also considering a few days stop over in Qatar to visit my friends. First time I travel with a pet and I had no idea of the complications... the worst part is that every authority I contacted either didn't know and directed me to others who didn't either, or didn't reply.

What am I to do in this situation? It's not an option to leave her behind.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Last edited:

OK Mike

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mike
Due to increased incidences of avian influenza and Newcastle disease, international travel with pet birds over 100 grams is difficult and expensive. Some Asian countries prohibit pet birds period. Most countries have mandatory quarantine periods of 30 to 90 days. In the US returning from a foreign country other than Canada or Mexico with a pet bird requires a minimum 30 day quarantine along with mandatory lab testing by a certified USDA laboratory. The quarantine may or may not be "home" quarantine. Minimum cost to you is $650.00.