• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Highrise escaped!

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Pied cockatiel, last seen in the Rolling Hills area, midway between Oak Harbor and Coupeville WA.
Missing since 8/13/2018

He's been missing for about two hours now. I feel just awful. :sad1: I've been doing a lot of renovations recently and moved the cockatiel boys into a different room. This was so they would be safer away from the big birds! :sad10:

The corner of the screen in their new room came loose and I didn't realize until I went in to investigate why they were screaming. It was only Skyline screaming. Highrise was gone. I've been out searching and letting the neighbors know since the moment I realized he was gone. Just now posted to parrot alert. Skyline is in a cage outside, but he's long since stopped contact calling...

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh no, all my best wishes for his safe return!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry. Hope Highrise finds his way home soon. Can you leave a cage with some food in it outside?

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
Ask your neighbors if they don’t already have feeders if they will allow you to provide them with one. Escaped parrots rarely range more than a 1 mile radius from home IF memory serves. (Info I learned when Skyy escaped and I got her back after 48 hours so there is hope) so travel that mile radius with bolo flyers and stuff mailboxes.

In all likelihood Highrise is close and afraid to make a sound. Even fully flighted pet birds who have lots of out of cage time can’t fly distances as they don’t have the conditioning. Continue contact calls from video if you have to until dark. Then start again as soon as the first tiny speck of light hits the sky.

What worked with Skyy was as the first sign (and I mean a pinpoint) of light, I yelled WHEEEEEE (a favorite phrase of hers) and followed her calls. By then she was afraid and ready to be found. Ofc then I camped under a tree for 48 hours until I talked her down because she was 60 feet off the ground and didn’t trust herself to fly down.

I sympathize, I empathize and am sending lots of good thoughts your way!

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
I think, he should be close to home. I would plaster the neighborhood with posters. Would also place posters, at local animal hospitals and the shelter.
Maybe you can inform neighbors, to keep their eyes out for him.
I would stay outside and keep calling him.
Good luck!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Noooo!! :sad11:
Highrise, you naughty boy, fly home to mama!

I hope you find him safe and sound quickly!

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Thank you, everyone. The neighbors know and I just got home from posting fliers around the area/giving them to all the vet offices, pet stores, and animal shelters. A recording of Skyline calling him has been playing on loop near an open cage with food and water since half an hour before sunrise. I haven't heard or seen anything. :sad1:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry. I hope you find him soon.

Feathered up

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
I’ve been thinking about Highrise all day. I’m sorry there is no good news. I’ll keep hoping for you. :hug4: