• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi there! Finally got my boys :)

Raineywhether

Moving in
Hi, my name is Rainey! I fell in love with my friend's GCC a year ago, and recently bought two budgies to see if the bird life is the one for me. So far I am utterly smitten with my two boys, Pippin and Merry. I am a worrywart, so I'll probably be in here all the time with too many questions about their health. :laugh:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the forum,

I am a worrywart, so I'll probably be in here all the time with too many questions
Ask away! No one will ever judge you for asking lots of questions - it just shows you care and want the best for your feathered friends.

Ps, Post a picture ;)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Welcome Rainey, Pippin, and Merry! You will love it here. Can you do photos yet? :welcome2::howdy:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to you, Pippin, and Merry! :)

Feel free to ask questions or raise any concerns you have about your guys...we're always here to help...:D

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome

Raineywhether

Moving in
Oh my gosh, I guess you all want some pics! Well here they are: Sky blue Pippin, who we had for two months before we got him his new best friend, yellowface cobalt Merry.

They are both pet-store birds, so Merry has been clipped TOO far. Can't wait for his little wings to grow out again!
Thanks for the warm welcome, I was honestly not expecting any replies, so this is lovely :)
Merry (The day we got him, in his quarantine cage)

And my lovely little best friend Pippin: (PS I got rid of that ivy, English Ivy seems to be listed as unsafe for birds. Spider plants and "wandering Jew" are ok though!)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Glad you joined us. My two budges were the victim of a breeder cutting the flight feathers despite my protest. The flight feathers are cut, not for the birds welfare, but for the convivence of the people doing this. If you have other pets around one should be very careful with safety measures for the flightless birds. Ladders are good exercise for birds like this. Tall ladders. Good luck and your budgies are so...……………. cute.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
They're beauties...the both of them! :)

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Oh wow - they are really gorgeous! I love the cobalt yellow face mutation... so colorful and pretty. I got rid of an ivy I had years ago after I found out it was toxic. I'm pretty sure my Lucy had chewed on it, thank goodness I realized!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
welcome

Raineywhether

Moving in
Glad you joined us. My two budges were the victim of a breeder cutting the flight feathers despite my protest. The flight feathers are cut, not for the birds welfare, but for the convivence of the people doing this. If you have other pets around one should be very careful with safety measures for the flightless birds. Ladders are good exercise for birds like this. Tall ladders. Good luck and your budgies are so...……………. cute.
Yes, they love their ladders! Especially with Pippin going into molt right now... It's nice that he keeps Merry company on the ground now instead of flying off.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I managed to find a tall later that reached from the ground to the door of the cage. Budgies did figure out how to go back in the cage on their own with that ladder placement. It was so cute watching them do that.