• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi, New here. Found a IRP

debi molatore

Checking out the neighborhood
He has been in my backyard since July that I know of. I have Safflower seeds out there but am wondering what I can do to make sure he survives the winter. I have named him Will because he is obviously a feral bird. I hear him all the time. I live in Oregon and would like suggestions on what I can do.

Hrtofau2

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
He has been in my backyard since July that I know of. I have Safflower seeds out there but am wondering what I can do to make sure he survives the winter. I have named him Will because he is obviously a feral bird. I hear him all the time. I live in Oregon and would like suggestions on what I can do.

Where in Oregon are you? There was a IRN lost in Eastern WA area that to my knowledge has not been found. His owners where very very sad...said that he is NUTS for fresh fruit if I remember right from the posting of his owners searching.....Message me if you are anywhere close...I will try and dig up a phone number.

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
irn.jpg
This is the parrot that is missing. Her name is Camile ~ and she is apparently NUTS for any type of fruit. and Tortilla, she loves both! I am crossing my fingers that maybe this is her. Her owner has been worried sick and has not stopped searching for her!

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
Fingers crossed that this is Camile

Hrtofau2

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Summer
Fingers crossed that this is Camile

Me too. I talked with her owner tonight. She is beyond on pins and needles! She has been worried sick, and the upcoming winter has been weighing heavy on her mind. She has been searching non stop for months now...

Camille was on her shoulder outside when a big rig drove by and startled her. :(

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
That's an alexandrine. Poor Camille. :(

Hope you are still around Debi!!! I don't think ringnecks are feral in Oregon. Quakers might be, not I don't think other parrot species are. (could be wrong)