• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Hi, my name is Hrafn, and I'm a petaholic

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I mean, are you surprised?
No. Not at all :roflmao:

Well isn´t he cute!! And his new home looks lovely :) ❤
What is his / her name?

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I really don't think anyone is too surprised! Your tank is really nice. Beautiful set up! That's a lucky little guy!

taxidermynerd

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
Your tank looks so nice! And your new buddy is precious- I adore crustaceans, once a ghost shrimp hitchhiked in with some platies and I was over the moon, lol.

I can't wait to see more of him! :)

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
It's so cute!! I need to get me an air pump so I can hook it up and make the water wheel spin.
Ours broke years ago. :( I do have under water color changing LED lights inside the castle too.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
(JUST realised that he only has one claw! Hopefully it grows back soon. Now I see why he was on sale lol)
AWww :(

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Super cute! I saw some at the New England Aquarium when I was on holiday. My favourite one was one that had moulted recently and had the old shell in the tank: there was a note above the tank saying "I am beside myself!" and explaining the recent moult.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Super cute! I saw some at the New England Aquarium when I was on holiday. My favourite one was one that had moulted recently and had the old shell in the tank: there was a note above the tank saying "I am beside myself!" and explaining the recent moult.
:laughin:

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
He's a cutie!!! I love their little faces! Does he spin his feelers in circles? My shrimp used to do that sometimes and I thought it was the cutest thing.

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
Your tank looks so nice! And your new buddy is precious- I adore crustaceans, once a ghost shrimp hitchhiked in with some platies and I was over the moon, lol.

I can't wait to see more of him! :)
That is super cool! I was so excited when I managed to raise a baby cory from an egg to adulthood. (I rescued a bunch of eggs, but only one survivor made it) He/She is rather small, but alive and well.

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I love cories :heart: At one point I had 12 peppered cories in my 40, unfortunately the last 6 of those brought in some kind of disease that wiped out my entire cory population (plus a couple guppies) in less than 24 hours.

I currently have pygmy cories, which are super tiny and cute! They share a 10 gallon with my glofish, one of whom I've raised since she was a baby. I saw her when she was just the size of a grain of rice, put her in a breeder enclosure, and put her with the rest of her family when she could fend for herself. It's rather cute, seeing mother, father and child all swimming together :)

I've also raised numerous platies from fry so small you can barely see them. Most of my platies I have raised myself, although I bring in new blood occasionally. For some reason they haven't been breeding as much, or maybe they've just been quicker at eating the fry! :omg:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
LOL!!! I though it was a spiny lobster! Good thing there are no rubber bands on his claws! :rpg10:One claw! Oppps... Hopefully it will grow back but thats amazing how they can do that! :Ucrabby::eat:

Seriously its cute...thats a huge tank...salt water????

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
LOL!!! I though it was a spiny lobster! Good thing there are no rubber bands on his claws! :rpg10:One claw! Oppps... Hopefully it will grow back but thats amazing how they can do that! :Ucrabby::eat:

Seriously its cute...thats a huge tank...salt water????
He's a crayfish! :D Ain't he precious?

It's actually only a dinky little 25 gallon tank. Freshwater, I am deeeefinitely not ready to dabble in marine aquariums yet :lol:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
25 gallon is not that small! Its a decent size. Its not a 100 but its certainly better than a starter 10 gallon... 25 gallons of water is 200 lbs plus the tank & sand...

50 gallon... 400 lbs!!!! Its alot of water!!!

Crayfish!!!! Oh reminds me they are having a crawfish boil down the block on Sat. I'm sorry I just love shellfish! I feel sorry for lobsters & donlt eat them too much but I buy shrimp without there shells & eyes so its easier not to know they once walked around the ocean floor..

He is a cutie!!! I am sometimes tempted to get a tank again. But I hate the work of changing water & the mess so I have the pooper /buzzsaws instead!

taxidermynerd

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bee (they/he)
I just spent a good ten minutes frantically peering into Mr. Krabs' tank thinking he somehow got out...only to find him enjoying the evening sights on his porch. :rolleyes:

View attachment 303094
THat's the issue with the clear ones! If I were to go back into shrimp I'd have to get red ones or something, it drove me bonkers not seeing the little guys! Nearly gave me a heart attack. Don't do that, little guys!

Although I do have a couple of troublemakers in my 40, my upside down catfish. They are very skittish and hide a lot, they have this one corner claimed and even if I put hides in there they won't use them! I have 9 hides in the tank right now and they're still in the corner. I never see them because they hide, I check every week just to make sure they didn't kick the bucket! They sure don't make it easy!