• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi! I’m new here

Polly101

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lori
Hi everyone! I just joined the forum last night. I have two American Budgies that are over a year old. They were almost 6 months old when I got them, so although they were supposed to have been hand fed, they have been very skiddish.

The birds are being trained together because it’s difficult to get one bird alone. Things are going slow but well. They are hand tame and are learning some tricks and commands like “go back in your house.”

Im looking forward to learning and conversations on this forum!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:greet15: Welcome Lori! What are your little ones' names? Try to post some pics when you have a chance? We'd love to see them! :)

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:welcome2:

Polly101

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lori
:greet15: Welcome Lori! What are your little ones' names? Try to post some pics when you have a chance? We'd love to see them! :)
Thanks! The green budgie is Pee-Wee. The other, I believe, is a crested yellow face II sky blue recessive pied opaline spangle. His name is Dart. (My son named him from season 2 of Stranger Things.)

Attachments

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Both very cute! I've never seen a crested budgie before! :wideyed: And I'm loving their fancy ladder, too.

Last edited:

Polly101

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lori
Thank you both! Yes, I’ve never seen a crested budgie other than Dart. I did find a breeder who specializes in crested English budgies, but their crests give them flat tops that make them look like old men, lol. Dart has a nice fauxhawk going on.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I did find a breeder who specializes in crested English budgies, but their crests give them flat tops that make them look like old men, lol.

:coffeescreen: I had to look that up!

Um... it certainly is an interesting look. Certainly not the dignified look I'm used to seeing from English budgies. More Rowan Atkinson than royalty. :laughing2:

Polly101

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lori
:coffeescreen: I had to look that up!

Um... it certainly is an interesting look. Certainly not the dignified look I'm used to seeing from English budgies. More Rowan Atkinson than royalty. :laughing2:
Haha! Mr. Bean! Or maybe Fred Flintstone. They also have feather cowlicks on heir backs. Pee-Wee can’t stand the disorder and constantly tries to pluck them from Dart’s back.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Ouch! Poor Dart. :what: Pee-wee's just preening and thinks he's helping. Hopefully he'll get used to them soon. :o:

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
They are too cute! I had never seen a crested budgie before either that I recall. Wow, those ones with the flat-tops are really different looking! Reminds me of an old Uncle I had back in the 60's LOL!

Oh - AND.... :welcome2::howdy:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
There are many crested budgies in the world of show. Some are really outrageous. Welcome to AA. I love the fact that you have natural perches for them. Hand fed birds can still be a bit hand shy, not unusual at all. I do not teach my budgies tricks but they do the necessary step ups and come to me if I ask. Thanks for joining us.

geff

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Geoff
Hi and welcome to AA.
Great bunch of people here.
The birds are beautiful.
Enjoy the site.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome to AA. Pee-Wee and Dart are beautiful.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!