1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hey!!

Discussion in 'Ringneck and other Keet Street' started by Brookesmith227, 7/26/18.

1. Brookesmith227

Brookesmith227 Checking out the neighborhood

Brooke Smith
    Hey everyone I am new to the bird world1I have two birds a 14 yr old Green Wing Macaw Loopy and a 4 month old IRN Petra. I am getting Petra a new cage I found one on the finch farm since I have a gift card there and it is a corner cage but the bar spacing is 7/8" is that to big of a space???

2. LSA

LSA Rollerblading along the road I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Leslie
    My Glenn, 18yo, has done well with 3/4" bars and the AV said MOST adult Ringnecks can handle up to 7/8".

Personally, I wouldn't do more 1/2" for a baby, but that really depends on the baby. The idea is that the baby shouldn't be able to get its head through. Remember, it only takes once for your little Houdini to get stuck trying to escape or get back inside.

For most of the IRNs, I'd stick to 1/2" to 3/4" spaced bars.

3. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award I Can't Stop Posting!

Michelle
    Welcome to the forum!

4. Monica

Monica Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Monica
    I don't know what cage you are looking at, but I'd highly recommend sticking to "squared" corner cages over "rounded" corner cages.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)