• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hey, look what came today!

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
66F80778-4357-411B-AFF8-73EFB1558CB1.jpeg

:excited1::excited1::excited1:

I finally got around to ordering the seagrass mats I will need to make the PVC pipe climbing stand for my birds. And boy are they big! Three 24” by 14” seagrass mats. I’m pretty happy with it. The holes are big enough for the birds’ toes. I’m a bit worried that the birds’ toes may get snagged on some parts of it, but I feel better knowing this will be a supervised-only toy. I’ve still got to make the base of the actual stand, that will be made up of PVC pipe. I would love to get this whole thing finished this week, but that seems very unlikely. We are going to have a busy, busy week! Lots of activities this week as it is Spring Break and also my brother’s Birthday and we will only be home one day, tomorrow. After that, no more sleeping in. :( Oh well, at least I have activities with the family to look forward to! Will be speaking to my dad about when we can finish up this project, though!

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Awesome! I have these as a climbing wall in Wally's cage and the play gym, and as flooring for an indoor patio deck in Luna's cage. I stick little treats or balsa pieces in between for foraging :xflove:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sweet

Davi

Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Wow! That's a large mat! If you can, send us a pic when it's finished! They'll love it!

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Yay! Can’t Wait to see your finished stand!:bliss: Even more, your fids enjoying it:D Those things always take long in my experience:rofl: So don’t feel bad! I was supposed to finish mine like a month ago, but I still only have a few parts:lol:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
How awesome, I can’t wait to see it when it’s all finished! Cappuccino loves seagrass. I have one hanging in her cage about half that size, and it takes her about two weeks to completely demolish it. The funny thing is, without fail she always makes it come crashing down while she’s standing on it!:lol: