• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He's okay I guess...

Leanna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leanna B
I'm thrilled to announce Kate does not want to kill her little brother. I took a while to introduce them, much to their frustration. Kate kept flying to Milo's cage whenever we walked by and screeched back at him whenever he made a peep, but I kept them apart until I was pretty sure Kate wouldn't try to attack him. I was nervous Kate would be aggressive because he's not another caique and he's bigger than her, but she did shockingly well. Her eyes didn't pin even once.

Milo is in love with her. He coos and head bobs every time he sees her. Kate even let him preen her head feathers. She didn't preen him back but she never does. I kept the visit short and spent a lot of time praising Kate afterword. All in all, I couldn't have asked for more from her.

Meanwhile Zoey's eyes pin and she puffs up if she sees him across the room...
IMG_20181030_220147[1].jpg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Sounds like you have your hands full, but I'm glad things are going well. I hope they all become wonderful friends. :hug8: And I'm glad you supervise them so closely.

I'm loving their toys. What is he green one on the left? It looks very festive! :christmas3:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Oooh that is festive! :christmascandle: I know our vine cruncher Puffin won't care what it looks like, but I think it's cute. :D

RachelM

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Rachel Mayrhofer
That’s awesome! What a good big sister! (Also; that cage looks like a carnival for birds! So fun!)