• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Helppppp!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Oh poor little thing :( Sending over prayers and positives vibes that the doctor gets him all better and home with mommy :hug8:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ally Im sorry your little guy is sick, but the important thing is you got him right in there and he'll get the care he needs. Thank you for doing right by your little guy :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Ally,

I am so sorry your baby is sick, but thank God you got him to the vet ASAP.

Did you get a health guarantee from this piece of $#@! breeder. This should not be happening and he should be notified RIGHT NOW about how sick this little one is. I would also report him to the SPCA, the Chamber and the BBB because you can be sure that your faby is not the only one. Not to mention he should be financially responsible for all vet bills.

I am so sorry but hang in there. I am glad the vet is keeping her/him.

Do you have a name yet? Did I miss it?

Ginger

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Ally our thoughts are with you. Thank God you had your baby vet checked right away. That is treatable, he is in good hands. :hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ally, so glad you got to the vets. I am sending prayers your way that the vet can treat is bacterial infection successfully. I know this is a difficult setback, but hang in there. We are here for you.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, I am so sorry- I am praying for you both! :hug8: You are doing the right thing and I know that your little macaw will be just fine, you are taking really good care of him and we are all very proud of you

Ally

Walking the driveway
Real Name
ally
his name is stretch :) as soon as i got him home his wings just went to flappin.. and the vet is pressing charges on the "breeder." google bills birds in davie fl. omfg. its horrible, i feel stupid, but i know i did the best i could , and my baby being sick is not my fault

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
his name is stretch :) as soon as i got him home his wings just went to flappin.. and the vet is pressing charges on the "breeder." google bills birds in davie fl. omfg. its horrible, i feel stupid, but i know i did the best i could , and my baby being sick is not my fault
Ally it is not your fault at all. A lot of innocent people get taken by people like this. Stretch is one of the lucky ones that had someone care enough about what they were doing to do research. I am so glad you found our site. Cant wait to see Stretch grow up with you. :hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome to the neighborhood little Stretch. :heart: Your new mommy will take very good care of you and help you to feel better.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Oh..poor little guy. I am so happy you had the smarts to come and ask for help, and got him right in to see the vet. I am sending healing positive thoughts your way for his full recovery. You are doing such a great job!:hug8: And Stretch is a wonderful name!:heart:

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry about Stretch being sick, what a *&@#^ of a "breeder" Definitely report him to all the places Ginger mentioned. :hug8:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I'm sorry. I just googled the breeder and it seems alot of people have been unhappy with him.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
I'm sorry. I just googled the breeder and it seems alot of people have been unhappy with him.
-----------------------

He is NOT a breeder, he has a bird shop. He buys and brokers birds.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I would also report him to the SPCA,
FWC {Florida Fish And Wildlife Conservation} is who has jurisdiction over exotic birds and animals.;)

NikkiLS

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
omg poor little thing! Get well soon! I am glad the vet is pressing charges!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
FWC {Florida Fish And Wildlife Conservation} is who has jurisdiction over exotic birds and animals.;)
From what I've read other people have already contacted them in the past about this and they've done nothing :(

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
I stayed away from posting as I didn't want to block the important information. I'm so relieved that You did so well and that Stretch is getting all better at the vets.

This sounds so much like the start of Gemini's story---way too young and unweaned baby "delivered" complete with a bad bacterial infection.

Sorry but "breeders/brokers/ like that should be taken out and ------

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
Hi all. Suzanne is right. This guy is not a breeder, he is a broker and has a bird shop. I have talked with her vet a while ago, and the plan is for the vet to take the baby home for the weekend so he can be crop fed and medicated. On Monday, bloodwork will go out for testing. They are also going to work with Ally on handfeeding. Once the test results come back, which will probably be Wednesday or Thursday, and if everything is negative, there are other plans in the works. Please everyone, pray for negative results on the testing. The vet feels like he probably will be fine through this set back. Ally is feeling pretty down right now, but she will be okay. I am so proud of her for the way she is handling all this. She has got some spunk.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Ally hun, I'm so sorry that you're feeling blue about this, but remember it is not YOUR fault. You are doing an AWESOME job with what came your way and you've really stepped to the plate for this baby. I'd be terrified of handfeeding and I have "bird experience" so I know we all understand how nervous and upsetting this must be. Just know that we are all behind you because you are doing everything you can and kudos to you for all that you've done so quickly for Stretch!

Ally

Walking the driveway
Real Name
ally
just got off the phone with the vet; shes very optimistic, and very glad we got his infection early, making 10 times easier to wipe out, seeing as my baby needs the extra help and knowledge at this point, i believe stretch and i will be making a trip to florida to visit cindy to make sure ive got all the know-how to take care of my baby :D ( but idk yet) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.