• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Helpful ideas please

Trix

Checking out the neighborhood
About to pick up our newly weaned CBC and we are very excited. Anyone got some good advice for routines etc that we should start from day dot.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think having a set bedtime routine is very helpful and makes having a bird go to bed much easier. And Welcome to the forum!

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
You can ask the breeder what times he or she feeds the flock and puts them to bed, that way you have an idea of what times to target for. :) Congrats on your baby! Is this your first bird?

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My advice is never stop learning and when you think you have run out of patience give it another day :)

Trix

Checking out the neighborhood
Yes first bird. Skittlez is doing really well, although he loves to go up to our neck and into our hair, or climb onto our head and into hair that is tied up, Skittlez gets all tangled up. Is there a way to try and discourage that for Skitz own safety.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Yes first bird. Skittlez is doing really well, although he loves to go up to our neck and into our hair, or climb onto our head and into hair that is tied up, Skittlez gets all tangled up. Is there a way to try and discourage that for Skitz own safety.
I cut my hair short. You can wear a cap maybe?