1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Helpful ideas please

Discussion in 'How-To Junction' started by Trix, 9/10/18.

1. Trix

Trix Checking out the neighborhood

About to pick up our newly weaned CBC and we are very excited. Anyone got some good advice for routines etc that we should start from day dot.

2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    I think having a set bedtime routine is very helpful and makes having a bird go to bed much easier. And Welcome to the forum!

3. Peachfaced

Peachfaced Biking along the boulevard Moderator Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor

Sadie
    You can ask the breeder what times he or she feeds the flock and puts them to bed, that way you have an idea of what times to target for. :) Congrats on your baby! Is this your first bird?

4. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION

Shawna
    My advice is never stop learning and when you think you have run out of patience give it another day :)

Peachfaced likes this.
  5. Trix

Trix Checking out the neighborhood

Yes first bird. Skittlez is doing really well, although he loves to go up to our neck and into our hair, or climb onto our head and into hair that is tied up, Skittlez gets all tangled up. Is there a way to try and discourage that for Skitz own safety.

6. saroj12

saroj12 Ripping up the road Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

saroj
    I cut my hair short. You can wear a cap maybe?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)