1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help!

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by Sofro, 1/20/18.

1. Jas

Jas Jogging around the block

Jasmine
    Not all budgies get along with each other and In the wild they can just fly off to a different tree, in captivity they can't do that. It is really important that they stay seperated as blue could be killed by your other budgie. This is a life and death situation. Birds are extremely intelligent with their own feelings and emotions, if two individuals don't get along it puts them both under mental and physical stress. Explain to your parents about how serious this is (cost of vet bills for serious injurys helped me, even though I pay them) and they may reconsider about the second cage.

A 'disagreement' is okay just a little bickering about something for examples my budgies may bicker on who plays with what toy or where to perch. It is over before it started, they don't do it often, no hard feelings after and there is no blood or any injury. A full on fight to the point of injury is not normal and is serious, holly and blue Will still talk to each other and communicate but they should remain seperated for now.

iamwhoiam likes this.
  2. Sofro

Sofro Strolling the yard

Matilda
    Hello everyone,

Sorry for being so inactive but I was so busy.

Well, some news. We got another cage and put Holly into it. One morning, they began to call each other in high pitched tones. When we were out, Blue somehow managed to get out of his cage but fortunately all the windows and doors were shut. He apparently had flew around and around before finding Holly's cage. When we came back, he was sitting on Holly's cage. When they opened the door, he went in and sat on the perch with Holly. There had not been any injury since then. My mother said that Holly didn't peck Blue unintentionally. They are now just bickering about where to sit on the perch. Recently, Blue even groomed Holly's head with his beak. I was so amazed!

Matilda

iamwhoiam likes this.
  3. iamwhoiam

iamwhoiam Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Nice that they are getting along but still be sure to monitor them just in case.
    Sometimes birds just decide to bicker with one another and then forgive and forget and get along again, just like people.

4. Sofro

Sofro Strolling the yard

Matilda

Right, I'll monitor them. Actually I'm watching them quite a lot during the day.

iamwhoiam likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)