• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help?

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
My two tiels just mated, but apprently its already heappened a few times...
What should i do?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Are you planning to let them have babies, or not?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
OK so if you are planning to let them breed, give them a nest box. :) I actually don't breed my tiels because there are too many in my area already. Someone else will probably help you. @barry collins @Monica

I just needed to know which way you were leaning in order to answer your question.

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
I got them as a pair, not expecting them to mate, but since this happened, im okay with dedicating time towards it, they arent very tame, which the previous owner said they were. And theyre bonded aswell.
Just out of curiosity, i researched a bunch about breeding a couple months ago, plus read about common problems, and how to prevent them.
Wouldnt i need to seperate them after this?

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
You will need to separate them after their babies ween if you don't want anymore babies. Or you could take future eggs out and replace with fake ones

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Just because they mate doesn't mean that there will be eggs.

Just because there are eggs doesn't mean that the eggs will be fertile.

Just because the eggs are fertile doesn't mean that the parents will make good parents.

If you are willing to allow it, and will encourage it, then it's recommended to find a good breeder and avian vet on hand in case of any emergencies, and if possible, learn from the breeder on how to hand feed should the need, or desire, arise. You would also need everything on hand to raise the chicks and be prepared to hand feed every 2 hours around the clock.