• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morghen

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Morghen
I have good news and bad news.

Good news is that I found out what was wrong today. Maghee had a bacterial infection that may or may not be viral. She said that I was lucky that I caught it so quickly or she probably would not have made it. She is doing a lot better and has perked up a lot within the last day.

Bad news is that I think that it might have spread to Cygnus. He has been sneezing and sleeping a lot like Maghee was. I'm going to call the vet when they open to ask what I should do about it. I'm not 100% sure that Cygnus has it but I don't want to take any chances, I can't bare to loose another fid, three last year was way too many for my heart to handle.

I'm not sure how long it takes for a bacterial infection that is viral to spread but I might have an idea on how it did. Last Sunday(Easter), I was at my cousins' house and their friends, who have parakeets, were there. I don't think that they are overly cared for so I might of accidentally brought something home from them. Is that possible?

My only other idea is that Cygnus had it when I brought him home and then spread it to Maghee. I don't think that this is likely because he was showing no signs at all, he was very perky, running around, flying, chirping, etc.

So I'm happy that Maghee will be okay but I'm afraid that Cygnus might have caught it.....:(

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I am sorry I dont remember how long have you had Maghee? I would move her into quarantine until she is better. Sorry you are going through this :hug8:

Morghen

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Morghen
I've had her since June, so not quite a year. I wish I could quarantine her but I have absolutely no where to put her. The room she is in is the only cat/dog free area of my house and there are no other rooms that could be made that way. I really wish I could though.

Status
Not open for further replies.