1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  2. This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Help with newborn cockatiel

Discussion in 'Bird Emergency Highway 911' started by SarahA, 7/24/18.

1. SarahA

SarahA Moving in

Okay thanks shouldnt even post on here if people are gonna be rude i have fed parakeets before not cockatiels.

2. Tiel Feathers

Tiel Feathers Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Deanna
    I hope your little baby will be okay! Unfortunately I don’t know much about handfeeding. I know you are trying your best, but I think you need help so your baby will make it. Please find someone experienced near you that can help you with your baby.

Edit: oh no, I just saw your baby didn’t make it. I’m so very sorry. Rest In Peace baby bird. :sorrow:

Shezbug and rocky'smom like this.
  3. rocky'smom

rocky'smom Cruising the avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

laurie
    So sorry for your loss.
    You know what we are all long term bird owners, myself 30+ years. When we see something that could cost a bird its life we are going to say something. Feeding budgies is a whole heck of alot easier then feeding cockatiels. Just honest opinion here, please please do not breed your birds ,you have had 1death why compound it with more. And if we seem rude, its because we give crap.

Last edited: 7/25/18
  4. enigma731

enigma731 Jogging around the block Avenue Veteran

Being able to put one's pride second and the bird's wellbeing first is a crucial part of being a good owner.

I'm sorry to hear the baby didn't make it.

MKMDDN, Shezbug, Erikalynnha and 2 others like this.
  5. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    So sorry to hear about the baby.

6. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Sandra
    @JLcribber The baby wasn't sold unweaned, it was hatched at the OP's home by the parents. @SarahA Tiel parents will sometimes abandon a chick because they can sense/know that something is wrong with it. For the chick to have had a black belly when it was hatched is something I've never seen. I have had chicks with digestive problems which needed to be pulled and handfed.

7. Birdbabe

Birdbabe Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

I'm sorry the baby didnt make it .

8. Shezbug

Shezbug I have a macaw and don't post enough photos

I am sorry your baby did not make it.

rocky'smom likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)