• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with first clutch

kialmac

Moving in
Real Name
Kyle
So this is a really odd question, but I am new to this. A pair of my budgies have laid three eggs so far, including one today. But I've noticed that usually the same day Freya lays an egg, Butters will mate with her again. This has happened three times since the first egg was laid on June 5th.

I'm now wondering, because this is my first clutch ever, is there a chance of more babies? Or how does this work? I'm so excited for the babies to arrive, but I'm sorta worried I'll have who knows how many baby budgies lol

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
It's normal. I don't think it has any effect on the number of eggs she will lay. She will probably lay one every other day until she's done.

ShyEmbers

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jodie
It won't influence the amount of eggs she will lay. They lay every second day as stated above. They are mating to fertilize her next egg. :)
Eggs are incubated for 18-21 days before hatching which is starting from the day she sits on them not when it was laid as she may only sit consistently on the second egg.