• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with eggs??!!

Aubie

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Autumn
Hi I'm new to this forum and love birds. I was hoping maybe someone can help me? I was give about 8 love bird eggs yesterday some to be thought about 3 weeks old mama wouldn't sit on them consistently. A few of them I suspect are new. My husband try to make an incubator with a water tub and what not. So my serious issue right now is when we woke up the bowl had sank in the water and the eggs were floating in the water this morning do I have any hope after this or was there any from the beginning? How do if I tell if the eggs are even good?

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
I'm not sure if it just just applies to just snake eggs but I believe that would have caused them to suffocate as co2 and O2 can't be exchanged as well as make the eggs really cold.

Also if mum was partially incubating them, the eggs would have probably died as they would have gotten so cold if she's leaving the nest for long periods of time ( not just grab some food or water, though the dad should be doing that).You could try candling them, but for them to float doesn't sound good.

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
They were probably no longer good since the time you got them.

What were you planning to do with them if they hatched? Do you know how difficult it is to hand feed newly hatched Lovebirds? You pretty much wouldn’t be able to sleep either because they constantly have to be attended to.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I would say the eggies were no good...don t feel bad.