• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help with African Grey Sinus Problems?

Lorrie

Moving in
I rescued an African grey a few months ago, Ruby. She had an upper respiratory infection that was never properly treated for years so it rotted away her nostrils and part of her nares. She's been to the vet multiple times and she was put on antibiotics but they've come to the conclusion that this is a chronic thing. I clean her nose once a day and do a saline flush as well once a day. I was wondering how often I should shower her? I know humidity would be good for her sinuses, she seems more congested than normal this week. Also, would a humidifier or air purifier help? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Attachments

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Awwww, that poor baby!! :sad11: I don't have any experience with respiratory infections but a humidifier is a good idea as long as it's kept clean. I use vinegar to clean mine but don't have it in the bird room because I'm paranoid about mold. In the bird room in the winter I hang a wet towel on their curtain rod to add moisture to the air in there.

Reactions: Jas

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
:bump4: