• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help stop biting

Kgsquared

Moving in
Real Name
Keith
Hello I have keets,cocktail, broukes, Kakariki and now a sun conure. Never had problems with any others with the biting. Now Genius my sun conure(2.5 months old) try’s to eat me every time I try to go near him Any tips are greatly appreciated

Attachments

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
That is quite a few birds of different species. Are they in separate cages? Do you have them in a bird room?

TikiMyn

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Robin
Can you determine why he is biting? When you know why you can work out a response.
What happens before he bites, and what after? Did it start when something changed or was the behavior present from the beginning?
Some reasons that could be why he bites are asking attention, biting to get returned to his cage or play area(as he Is clipped he can’t Fly back himself, so if you put him back when he bites he could use that to his benefit), or perhaps he is beaking he is young.

Kgsquared

Moving in
Real Name
Keith
I will try and watch the videos. He has been like this for about the 2 weeks I’ve had him I’m hoping it is just because he is a baby and new to the family. And yes Lady Jane I have 6 parakeets 2 Bourkes 1 cockitel And 1 Kakariki in a large 8’x4’x6’ aviary and my Sun Conure is in a cage alone during the day and at night and when we come home for work they have free flight of finished basement and a few will choose to come up to the main house No fighting at all. all have been intorduced outside of cages on neutral grounds on multiple times one big happy family