• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help Purchasing Zupreem/Higgins online in Australia

firdy num num

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
Hey Parronts,:)
Firdy my cockatiel is turning a good ol' 10 next year in February, I want to switch her to a more high quality seed mix like Higgins and Zupreem pellets. The only problem is though is that I live in Australia and it is nearly impossible to purchase anything online. (Shipping prices get crazy)

Any Aussie members who have experience with this same situation and know what I could possibly do & could help would be great.:)
Thanks in advance

@Alison
@Vegemite
??

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
BTW Firdy is currently on TRILL seed mix,

AYA

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gab
Last edited:

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
For food, I usually use petshopdirect-- the shipping generally doesn't cost too much, and they have the biggest range of foods I've been able to find.

Here's a link to their Zupreem products: Pet Shop Direct - ZuPreem Pellets
And one for their seed mix range: Pet Shop Direct - Bird Seed
(don't know where to get any higgins though, sorry)
Is your cockatiel on any pellets at the moment?

Also, hope this helps! :D
Thanks Gab!!
I've never heard of this website so thats interesting,:) & yes Firdy is currently on Vetafarm pellets.
Thanks!!

I also found Roudybush pellets which is great!!

Last edited:
Reactions: AYA

TWR

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I'm in Ausand I buy Roundybush pellets from The Parrot Rescue Centre. I haven't tried looking for the other brands mentioned.

AYA

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Gab

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
I'm in Ausand I buy Roundybush pellets from The Parrot Rescue Centre. I haven't tried looking for the other brands mentioned.
No worries, and I only came across it when for cages in Australia :)

Okay cool-- my conure switched from vetafarm nutriblend to zupreem fruity really easily :)

(She's a lot harder to convince with natural-style pellets though, aside from Harrisons HP, which she likes but won't choose over the fruity ones)

Another good site for aussie bird stuff that I've used is Parrot Rescue Centre Shop Australia - Bird Toys and Supplies - Caring for Pet Parrots in Australia
:)
Thanks Gab & @TWR ,
I am eyeing the Zupreem pellets, The Parrot Rescue Centre also seems to have a few great toys so I may have to pick some things up from there too.:p

Reactions: AYA

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My zon's are on zupreem and roudybush both.

I suggest the natural Zupreem (I avoid dyes in a bird's food). You can also get organic juices and soak Zupreem pellets in those or even the bird teas. It's a great soaker pellet. I know, they're in MC's water dish on a darn near daily basis! He's half amazon, half raccoon.

firdy num num

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Eden
My zon's are on zupreem and roudybush both.

I suggest the natural Zupreem (I avoid dyes in a bird's food). You can also get organic juices and soak Zupreem pellets in those or even the bird teas. It's a great soaker pellet. I know, they're in MC's water dish on a darn near daily basis! He's half amazon, half raccoon.
A Raccazon!!:hehe:
Great idea to soak them, even mixing them throughout bird mashes would be great.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
A Raccazon!!:hehe:
Great idea to soak them, even mixing them throughout bird mashes would be great.
Another thread talked about mashing them to get their bird to start eating. Look for the thread title called "success".

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I'm going to start using the raccazon name......I like that!