• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help plz! Does this look normal

Elishaa315

Moving in
hi would someone please be able to tell me if that small white lump at the back of my budgie looks normal, she is female and only nearly 1..
Shes been tucking herself in a bit more than normal lately and wont come to me as much as what she would,
Ive gone to the pet shop and they suggested stop pick spray or lice and mite spray, i will try both but maybe someone may know what it could be?! Possibly!!!!

Thankyou

Elisha & Buddy :)

Attachments

BeeBop

Sprinting down the street
Rest assured that is a preening gland. It has oils that help keep their feathers in good condition.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Don't spray anything without a correct diagnosis.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
please do not spray any thing on that, it's their preening gland and honey it's normal.

Elishaa315

Moving in
Okay i was just very unsure and scared it might be a mite or a lice, ive looked at pictures and yes it is her preening gland, never seen it like that beforw though, knew it was there just not like that i guess!
I wont be spraying her with anything! Thankyou all for the help! Very muchly appreciated✌

Elishaa315

Moving in
Im still in the taming process and she just getting better with my hand so dont want to push her too much to try get a better look if i dont need to stress her out! But cant thankyou all enough, worrying too much i guess haha

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
But cant thankyou all enough, worrying too much i guess haha
That is nothing wrong with that. Better to worry to much then not at all. :)