• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help!! Please...

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
The best cleaning advice I get F-10, follow the instruction to the letter, clean everything spoons bowl holding food, , syringes if you go that way, fish tank every blessed thing should wiped with F-10, soaked in F-10, air dried. I used a smaller box in the tank for nest box, when they were in it, I keptb buy it covered with dark towel. Before you feed weight baby before you fed after their 1st poop. That way you get proper amout food in the spoon.

Marie.C

Moving in
Real Name
Marie
Sorry I didn't posted an update sooner, I got in contact with a veterinary student that has experience hand feeding cockatiels, and she was going to help me, then I spend one hole day getting in touch and talking to the ( I can't say breeder) man who had the chicks, I was finally able to convince him to surrender the chicks, he only agreed for my to pick them up yesterday, unfortunately it was too late for two of them, they die before I got there, and the third one died as soon as I place him in the hands of the vet, but I had the feeling he won't make it, because when I pick him up, he can't lift his head and was just so limp.

The vet told me he was severely malnourish and that even if I have got to him sooner he will have few chances of getting better.

I'm soooo disapointed, I feel I that maybe if this "person" had release the chicks to me sooner they would had a better chance, I still can't belive that he rather let them starve to death that giving someone else the opportunity of saving them.

He even had the nerve to tell me, that if I wanted, he could try to get me another bird, if I hadn't been in such a hurry to get the chick to the vet asap, I would have told him a very big piece of my mind.

But I want to thank everybody for all the advice that you give me, this forum is the only reason I'm not totally dissapointed of human kind.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Wow that's so sad and disappointing!! I am sorry you had to be put through that :( Thank you for trying!

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Heartbreaking I am so sorry.

Begone

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I was finally able to convince him to surrender the chicks, he only agreed for my to pick them up yesterday, unfortunately it was too late for two of them, they die before I got there, and the third one died as soon as I place him in the hands of the vet,
I still can't belive that he rather let them starve to death that giving someone else the opportunity of saving them.
He even had the nerve to tell me, that if I wanted, he could try to get me another bird,
I would say lucky for him I'm not in your country. But there is something called Karma that I hope will hit him hard.
If I where you I would have make sure that this man no longer will breed parrots.
In my country that could give that man prison and for the rest of his life he wouldn't be allowed to own any animal at all.

I'm so sorry chicks! :sorrow: But not all humans are that cruel, hopefully your mom will take care of you now, if not, I told Eloy to do that.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Wow... I'm so sorry that happened. Time is of the essence with such young babies. I hope he never allows his birds to breed again. Did he have other birds or just the pair that produced this clutch of babies?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very very sorry that this happened. That person should not be breeding birds. So irresponsible and cruel. What a total JERK (there's a better word to describe him but I am censoring myself). The birds should be taken away from him. Thank you for trying to help.

Marie.C

Moving in
Real Name
Marie
But there is something called Karma that I hope will hit him hard
Oohhh I do hope so, and that karma bite him hard

Wow... I'm so sorry that happened. Time is of the essence with such young babies. I hope he never allows his birds to breed again. Did he have other birds or just the pair that produced this clutch of babies?
He breds and compite carrier pigeons and that he has a good reputation with this kind of birds, luckily this was his only pair of conures, I did find out that the accident that killed the parents was that a cat got into their aviary and killed them. And since he didn't liked the conures is unlikely that he will get another pair.

I'm getting over this bad experience, after a couple days I'm starting to feel better, and when the times is right, the perfect bird for me will come.

Thanks for all your kind words and your selfless advices.