• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Help omg

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Thanks so much for the update! I am so glad it's wonderful news! DH and I were soo worried.:hug8:
I wonder if there is such a thing as an alert of some sort, that could call or text a person if the temp in their home goes above or below a certain preset temperature?

pinkparrot

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tiffany
I glad there ok! Just wondering, when you found them do you know what the temp in the house was?

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Glad everybody is okay. It's amazing that you knew something was wrong. I think more of us need to listen to our "gut".

Ginger

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Thank you so much for the update and glad you got them to the vets for the fluids! That is so important because it can really knock off their systems, big time and do internal damage!
Also glad you got the Thermostat replaced!!!! don't want to go through that again!
:hug8:

dayjamyers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
dayja
yes me too the house was reading 104 when i arrived way to hot for my babies they were in that heat for 4 hrs :(

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
check this out..
Model 400 Temperature Monitor & Alarm System - tiptemp.com
I called this company, and the woman told me this one is very easy to set up. You can set it for whatever temp you choose between -20 & 150+F it also has battery backup. So if the power goes out, and if the temp gets to the place you set it, it will call three phone numbers. Might be worth it to get something like this to make sure our babies are safe. She said they have a lot of customers with pets who use these.

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Wonderful news, I was fearing something worse :hug8:. I am going to check into that thermostat as well, thanks Carole!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
OH Carole, that is neat idea...would give us peace of mind for sure...

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
check this out..
Model 400 Temperature Monitor & Alarm System - tiptemp.com
I called this company, and the woman told me this one is very easy to set up. You can set it for whatever temp you choose between -20 & 150+F it also has battery backup. So if the power goes out, and if the temp gets to the place you set it, it will call three phone numbers. Might be worth it to get something like this to make sure our babies are safe. She said they have a lot of customers with pets who use these.
This needs to go in the cage bypass, or whatever it's called. My biggest fear is that something will happen in the house and no one will know, the pets in their cages/ crates with no way to fend for themselves, I hate hate hate thinking about that. I love that it also is aware of the smoke detectors.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Im glad to hear your birds are OK.:hug8:and your doggies too.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'm very happy and relieved to hear both your fabies will be alright as well as your dogs. :hug8:

Big.Green.Chicken

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Thank goodness everyone is ok.

Thank you for sharing the link. I will be getting one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.