• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorganP2468

Meeting neighbors
So I am currently talking to someone who needs to rehome two African Greys that are 15 months old. They are willing to give me their cage as well. The owner also says the birds will come with veterinary certifications of health, vaccination records, a lot of their toys, and list of foods they like. However they live a few states away from me so it doesn’t seem likely that I would be able to pick the birds up. The owner has offered to ship them to me. I was wondering if some of you could weigh in a give me some advice. I’m still on the fence about taking the greys, especially since I won’t be able to meet them in person.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4:

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
How much are they asking for the two birds? How well do you know the person selling them? I'd be a little leery, some scams are very much like this. I could just be being paranoid but, I'm always leery of people offering to ship.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Do you have any video of him with the birds together? Ask him if he can write the current date out on a piece of paper with the birds in the room on film (alternatively, ask for pictures of the birds chewing a piece of paper with the current time and date on it).

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
What state are the birds in and what state are you in? Any vet references for his greys or purchase records? Whatever you do, don't send any money at all unless you have a friend in the other state who could confirm anything about the birds. I'm sorry about sounding so suspicious, but there are too many scammers out there. Look before you jump.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
Where are you located and where are these birds located?

You can ship, or see about a transport Co. Anyone here could possibly live nearby you never know fly out, stay with someone from here possibly and fly home. ;)

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
That’s too bad, but I’m glad you at least weren’t scammed. You’ll find the right bird eventually! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.