1. ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  2. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help needed

Discussion in 'Rehome Highway' started by MorganP2468, 7/10/18.

1. MorganP2468

MorganP2468 Checking out the neighborhood

So I am currently talking to someone who needs to rehome two African Greys that are 15 months old. They are willing to give me their cage as well. The owner also says the birds will come with veterinary certifications of health, vaccination records, a lot of their toys, and list of foods they like. However they live a few states away from me so it doesn’t seem likely that I would be able to pick the birds up. The owner has offered to ship them to me. I was wondering if some of you could weigh in a give me some advice. I’m still on the fence about taking the greys, especially since I won’t be able to meet them in person.

2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Cruising the avenue Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Michelle
    :bump4:

3. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Steph
    How much are they asking for the two birds? How well do you know the person selling them? I'd be a little leery, some scams are very much like this. I could just be being paranoid but, I'm always leery of people offering to ship.

4. Garet

Garet Rollerblading along the road

Garet
    Do you have any video of him with the birds together? Ask him if he can write the current date out on a piece of paper with the birds in the room on film (alternatively, ask for pictures of the birds chewing a piece of paper with the current time and date on it).

Doctress, MorganP2468, Tanya and 2 others like this.
  5. SandraK

SandraK Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting! POSTAHOLIC

Sandra
    What state are the birds in and what state are you in? Any vet references for his greys or purchase records? Whatever you do, don't send any money at all unless you have a friend in the other state who could confirm anything about the birds. I'm sorry about sounding so suspicious, but there are too many scammers out there. Look before you jump.

6. Love My Zons

Love My Zons Biking along the boulevard Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Veteran Vendor

Claire
    Where are you located and where are these birds located?

You can ship, or see about a transport Co. Anyone here could possibly live nearby you never know fly out, stay with someone from here possibly and fly home. ;)

MorganP2468, iamwhoiam and SandraK like this.
  7. CrazyBirdChick

CrazyBirdChick Rollerblading along the road

Diane
    That sounds like a scam to me. Please be careful. Just doesn't sit right with me. Also, the fact that he wants to ship a huge cage? I'm getting bad vibes.

8. MorganP2468

MorganP2468 Checking out the neighborhood

Thank you all for the advice. We are pretty concerned about it being a scam as well. The owner has since stopped replying to my emails. I really appreciate all the advice you guys have given.

9. BeanieofJustice

BeanieofJustice Rollerblading along the road Avenue Veteran I Can't Stop Posting!

Steph
    That’s too bad, but I’m glad you at least weren’t scammed. You’ll find the right bird eventually! :)

SandraK likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)