• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Help needed with 2 females, 1 male

shedevil

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Melissa
Hello,
I have 1 male and 2 female cockatiels. They are in the one cage which is only closed at night time. During the day they have the run of the house. One of the females has laid an egg and I have placed a nesting box in the cage. Both the female and male are going in and turning the egg. My problem is that the male is getting nasty at the other female and I'm worried about leaving them together in the closed cage if I need to go out. Is this normal and should I be taking the other female out and putting her in another cage? Any help regarding this and the breeding side will be appreciated as I've never done this before. Thank you. o_O

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
im ny eyes id say get her out why question it he has chosen a mate the faster you get the other one out the better your male bird was talking to you showing you he wanted her out your birds always talk to you in many ways learn to read them
good luck

shedevil

Real Name
Melissa
Thanks, yes I've had her out with me the last two days but put her in at night. He doesn't bother her when they are closed at night and covered. I'll play it safe and put a cage next to the other one for her. I don't want to put her in another room as I think the other female will miss her. Thanks for your advice :)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
Thanks, yes I've had her out with me the last two days but put her in at night. He doesn't bother her when they are closed at night and covered. I'll play it safe and put a cage next to the other one for her. I don't want to put her in another room as I think the other female will miss her. Thanks for your advice :)
yep cage is the home lol 1 wife to many id place the cages where they can see and hear each other and as long as no problems when all are out you should be ok
we don't always hear when our birds talk to use but they sure can let us know what they want and don't want,,lol, I know many times poor Mango has to repeat him self be for I pay attention..lol nut he dosent give up
having birds is fun trying to understand when they try telling us things but its clear if were smart enough to watch them who ever said dumb birds was the bumb one,,lol
hugsss

shedevil

Real Name
Melissa
Well I've put the other cage in, right next to the other and covered them for the night. (Haven't covered them in between, just all the sides so they can still see each other). All three seem happy enough. So heart wrenching that one has to be on her own. Love em to bits. :tieln: :heart:

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
lol she better alon than getting beet up it seems your male dosent want 2 wives..lol