• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help needed - changing Indys cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Hi all
Things have happened with my family recently which means my brother, his girlfriend and their baby will have to move back home with my mum and me in about two months, the baby will be brand new at this point.
In order for this to happen I have to move out of my two rooms and take Indy and my Chinchillas into another room with me.
Indy will then be in the same room as me all the time, and I cannot fit both him and the Chinchillas in there with him in his huge cage he has at the moment.
I have no choice but to put him back into the smaller cage that came with him when I got him.
I know he doesnt like being in his cage all the time because he kicks up a fuss when I shut all the doors on this one - thats why I have allowed him to go in and out when he wants because he is safe as long as the bedroom door is shut.
Heres the problem, when I move rooms he will have to be in his cage when Im not with him because its not my room and it would be rude for me to let him mess it up and when things go back to normal, my mum has to decorate her room again, as it was her idea to move in there.
He will kick off because as soon as I put him his big cage he never even paid attention to his small cage, but to get him to stay in it all day... Ive got a task on my hands here.:rolleyes:
Any ideas as to how I can do this would be a real help.
I have 2 months hopefully, but as Im currently unemployed I cannot afford to go and buy him a load of new toys to ease the process either.

feebee

Jogging around the block
are you able to take pictures of your room? maybe seeing it we can suggest how to fit a big cage in? or maybe not at all, im not sure how to make him handle being in a smaller cage sorry..

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Its just gone midnight here now so its a bit late to start taking photos but tomorow I will take some and get some measurements too.
Im trying to condense my things down as much as I can too, so that I dont have to take many units with me to hopefully give me as much room as possible, but its hard as Ive been in this room for the last 19 years so Ive got a lot of stuff :(

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
I would just try and make up for the smaller living space by spending more time with him.

Have you thought about home made toys? Paper can go a long way with birds that love to shred, time to learn origami. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.