• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Help! My cockatiels may have abandoned their babies.

Kamoebas

Strolling the yard
Puffy laid eggs a few weeks ago and they hatched yesterday! Welcome, Nunuu and Nugget! I have a problem though. I'm not experienced with baby birds. I've noticed that Crispy and Puffy have been outside of their nesting box. I think that they got abandoned. Nunuu and Nugget are still alive. I really don't know if they'll return to the nesting box or not. I tried googling but none of the answers were accurate.

Kamoebas

Strolling the yard
Puffy laid eggs a few weeks ago and they hatched yesterday! Welcome, Nunuu and Nugget! I have a problem though. I'm not experienced with baby birds. I've noticed that Crispy and Puffy have been outside of their nesting box. I think that they got abandoned. Nunuu and Nugget are still alive. I really don't know if they'll return to the nesting box or not. I tried googling but none of the answers were accurate.
Good news. Finally, puffy is incubating them now. I was so worried!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Glad she’s incubating them do you know or can you see if their crops are full

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Be sure to check that the chicks are being fed. They should have food in their crops most of the day as the parents feed little by little around the clock.

Checking their crops is very important.

Kamoebas

Strolling the yard
Glad she’s incubating them do you know or can you see if their crops are full
When I check, Either Puffy or Crispy hide them from me. They are good parents for protecting them :laughing2:

Kamoebas

Strolling the yard
Be sure to check that the chicks are being fed. They should have food in their crops most of the day as the parents feed little by little around the clock.

Checking their crops is very important.
I can't check sadly. Either Puffy or Crispy hide them from me. Even when I get the chance, They might attack me. They usually stay in their nesting box.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Coax them out of the nest with millet or whatever they like, and then slide a piece of plexiglass or acrylic between the nestbox and cage to block access for just a minute while you go in and have a look at the little ones.